Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Hello everyone out there in Realtor land. Tracey here in Sunny Greensboro, NC in bloggersvile. Last night was a local builder's yearly party for all of the Realtors that have sold one of their properties throughout the year. There was a DJ, lots of nice food, and FREE BOOZE. So, as you can guess...there were quite a few Realtors enjoying free booze.
I was with my sister, who also happens to be a broker under me, and we had a terrific time! But with all good things, I noticed a few things that I wanted to chat with the world about. It seems that 3 out of 4 Realtors wanted to complain, bitch, moan, stress, and generally talk down about our profession in "this market". I can understand that yes, this is a trying time to be in real estate. I understand you are stressed out. I get it.
So instead of saying all the clique things like, "it will get better" or "just wait it out"...I went searching for ways to RELIEVE REALTOR STRESS!!! So here goes...
1. LOL cats. Google LOL cats and video and you will discover or possibly rediscover the funniest thing on the interweb. If I am dealing with 11 closings and my phone is ringing, and I am frazzled...I take a minute and LITERALLY Laugh out loud. Seriously, TRY and watch the videos without even a giggle.
2. Start FIESTA FRIDAYs in your office! We initiated plan Fiesta Friday a couple years back, and if we have had a particularly rough week...we throw a party at the office! We invite staff, friends, and clients to the office. Last time, we got a grill and some hotdogs and cooked out. We bought the "Margarator" for homemade Margaritas, and we partied in the parking lot like college kids. Random folks driving home stopped in too!
3. Bring tennis shoes to the office. In the middle of the day...WALK! Get your booty on the street and walk it out! I am also a bit fan of punching things. My sister bought the man shaped punching/self defense guy and he is terrific. Kick, scream, punch, and all together kick ass on this guy! He could care less. AND you are less likely to bring it back into the office
4. Buy a KREUG one cup coffee maker! These things are the bomb! We bought one and now we all have tea and coffee time together. Makes the office smell amazing, and you don't waste any coffee because you make one perfect cup at a time!
5. Buy a Nerf Dart gun of some sort! There is no adrenaline rush like hiding behind a door in the middle day and running out to shoot a coworker in the beak over the cubicle! We have a fun styrofoam type gun with multiple bullets. I am thinking about getting the Rambo one with a clip of a hundred bullets! Wham! Be scared office mates!
6. Bring your pet to work day! We often have dogs in the office for the day. It makes you smile, people are happier around dogs, and the dogs like it! Unless they poop on the carpet...then it is not as much fun. My mom often brings my "sister" Babette into the office on her pink harness wearing her Chanel perfume! It's great.
7. Make a DREAM BOARD. Every year I make a dream board of all the things I want to happen in my life. I hang it on the wall across from my desk so that I can see it all day. It is mostly pictures of tropical beaches and the abs I want to have one day. So it is a nice escape, and all I have to do is look up.
8. Collect something weird! I collect photos of people's teeth and cut them out. Now I have a wall of teeth behind my desk. When folks come in my office, it breaks the ice and then they want to know why I have teeth on the wall. Of course, you could collect something normal...but weird is cool too.
9. Leave good magazines in the bathroom! I have a basket of magazines in my bathroom here at the office and I "escape" at least 3 or 4 times a day. Sometimes I don't even need to tinkle...I just wanna get away. People, OK, and the juicy tabloids are in there, as are Maxim and Elle. Don't take your phone either...get away!
10. SMILE. Even if you don't feel like it. And listed to your I-pod...that helps too.
Good luck all you stressed out Realtors. Here's one Nerf bullet to your sanity!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.