Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Some repairs done before you market your home can yield a higher sales price by increasing a buyer's perceived value in your home.
Repair as defined by Merriam-Webster: to restore to a sound or healthy state.
Homeowners often overlook some of the easier and less expensive fixes. Here are a few areas to give a once over before you put your or your clients house on the market.
• Cleaning can never be stressed enough. If time is short consider calling a cleaning company that specializes in Move-in/Move out cleaning. Focus areas: bathrooms kitchens and carpets.
• A fresh coat of paint on the walls never looked so good- but stay neutral. Buyers won't be distracted by the colors on the walls and can picture your move-in ready home.
• While I'm on the topic of paint don't forget about the exterior. Curb appeal 101. Chipped and peeling paint makes your home look neglected and buyers may start to wonder what else has been neglected.
• Sparkling clean windows and sills let in natural light adding instant value by making your home light and cheery. You won't be afraid to open the windows due to the layers of dirt pilled up in the sills which will allow fresh air into your home as well.
• Clear Clutter inside and out! Collections, magazines, extra furniture, etc. Box it up and consider donating it or storing it off site. Furniture for Families (www.Furnitureforfamilies.org ) is a great local organization that picks up furniture in good condition. Outdoor clutter can take a few forms. Do your shrubs, bushes and trees need pruning/trimming? Do you have garden tools, outdoor toys scattered around the yard? Clean it up and keep the lawns mowed.
• Plant some colorful flowers near the walkway or in planter beds.
Implementing some of the steps above can increase the appeal to prospective buyers without a huge investment of time or money.
Andrea Duane is a Realtor with Coldwell Banker, Duane & Gates Real Estate Group. Specializing in El Dorado Hills, Folsom, Cameron Park and serving all of El Dorado, Sacramento & Placer Counties. Please visit www.AndreaDuane.com for your real estate needs or contact me directly at (916) 365-3697 - firstname.lastname@example.org .
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.