Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Listing your home for sale in the Mt. Washington Valley in the winter.... Hmmm... WHITE Mountains...
Some of the items I list are true of listing property for sale anywhere but some are exceptionally true of homes in the Mt. Washington Valley area (Bartlett NH, Jackson NH, North Conway NH, Albany NH, and surrounding areas in Maine and NH).
1. Holidays. Holidays create a sense of fun around buying things. Homes, especially ski country vacation homes, look great during the holidays. The fun feel of holiday decorations can carry over into the sense of fun of owning a home in the mountains.
2. Less competition. The superstition regarding of listing homes for sale in the spring and early summer creates an annual increase in inventory. In other words, increased supply in the supply and demand balance.
*This brings us to #3....
3. More advertising. Inventory goes down and therefore there are fewer properties to spread around the broker's advertising dollar.
4. Winter buyers are more serious. Let's be real, it is not the easiest thing to do so buyers looking at real estate for sale when it is cold out and there is snow on the ground are looking because they really want to find a reason to buy.
5. Timing. January is the biggest month for corporate transfers and relocations. Having your home on the market when this group of buyers are actively looking increases your chances for a sale.
6. Agents will put more attention into bringing buyers to your home and will generally feel less hurried because the have fewer clients to juggle.
7. Vacation days. Many buyers have some time off that they need to use before the end of the year so they don't lose the days with their employer. These folks get out and look at the smaller inventory and have time to devote to finding a home.
8. Taxes. Many people are looking to invest before the tax year ends. many North Conway NH area vacation homes are also considered to be investment properties. Investing before the end of the year is often a goal of vacation home buyers.
9. More Boomers. Grandkids are back in school. Hotels are quieter. Many baby boomers wait until the "off season" to get out and start looking in places like North Conway NH because they can enjoy the quiet time in the valley.
10. The market. No one knows when rates will go up but it is pretty clear that they can't go down (much further or longer). Waiting until next spring, when inventory has increased and buying power could be severely undermined by even a 1% increase in rates could be a decision that costs a home owner not just thousands of dollars but possibly even tens of thousands.
Every month of every year dozens of properties sell in my marketplace here in the White Mountains of NH. The belief that there is a perfect season to sell is a myth that is busted year in and year out. Only in an improving market can I cite any cases where it obviously paid off to wait sell. In my 15 years of being a real estate professional that was only during a 3 - 4 year time span in the early 2000s. The time to sell is when you are ready to sell.
Real estate and homes in Carroll County NH, including Ossipee NH real estate, North Conway NH homes for sale, Fryeburg ME, Tamworth NH, Jackson and Bartlett NH condos and surrounding towns. Enjoying work in North Conway Real Estate,Ossipee Lake NH real estate, Ossipee NH real Estate, Bridgton Maine real estate and Bridgton ME real estate, even going as far as to report on Naples Maine real estate and homes for sale on Sebago Lake in Maine.
By Bill Barbin, Broker Assoc. NH and Maine, Badger Realty, 2633 Main St. North Conway NH 03860 Office: 603-356-5757
Bill Barbin Best Way to reach me: 603-986-0385
Specializing in bank owned real estate sales, foreclosed homes, foreclosures and REO properties in NH and Western Maine. Listing agent of choice for numerous bank owned real estate clients with properties including homes and land in the greater Carroll County NH and Western Oxford County Maine regions.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.