Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
When I am working with a potential buyer, I review ALL documentation prior to providing a loan prequalification letter. Sometimes, things come up once the buyer finally finds the right home that can stop the loan in its tracks!
1. Overdrafts-this shows the underwriter that you can't manage your money. Keep transfers and spending to a minimum. Be sure you have at least one CLEAN account, no large deposits, no transfers over $500 from other accounts,
2. Unwilling/Unable to provide additional documentation required. I am not asking for more information because I want to get in your business, I am asking because I have to. Keep all documentation with regard to large deposits, etc. that may come up.
3. Making a late payment or increased debt-Sometimes the credit file must be re-pulled prior to closing. This could be because the credit report is over 60 days old or lender required. If your debt ratio (monthly out-go versus monthly income) is tight, don't buy ANYTHING on credit that could affect your payments. Make all payments on time, EVERY TIME.
4. Creative accounting-I just had to turn down an hourly factory worker for claiming $6000 per year in un-reimbursed job related expenses including uniforms and job search. This cut the income by $500 per month...and lost the buyer their home.
5. Losing A Job (fired, laid off, quit)- If at all possible, don't change job situations in the midst of a loan application. It may take a while to get another job and a full months pay check, delaying or cancelling your approval.
6. Documentation that doesn't jive- Provide all documentation requested. If there is anything funky in your credit/job/asset file be ready to back it up and explain it
Bottom line...stay vigilant after the prequalification has been done, check with your lender before making financial decisions that even have a slight chance of affecting you purchase, be ready and willing to provide a paper trail. Follow this advice and your mortgage process should be smooth sailing!
Bridget McGee Maryland Mortgage Mama NMLS# 196068 CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. 410-960-2061 EHO firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
If you are considering purchasing a home in Maryland and want to be sure you are mortgage ready, my brother Tony and I will be happy to help! We help to make the mortgage process a pleasure!
If you already own your home, we are happy to provide a no-cost mortgage review to help you to determine if refinancing may be in your best interest. Please contact me at 410-960-2061.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.