interest rates: Fixed-Rated Mortgages are Preferred - 03/20/12 09:45 AM
Fixed-rate loans accounted for more than 95% of all refinance loans in the 4th, regardless of whether the original loan was an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) or a fixed-rate, according to a report by Freddie Mac.  Nearly two-thirds of borrowers who had a hybrid ARM (58%) chose a fixed-rate loan during the 4th quarter, while the remaining 42% refinanced into a similar type of product.
An increasing number of refinancing borrowers chose to shorten their loan terms. Of those who paid off a 30-year fixed-rate loan, 43% chose a 15-year or 20-year loan, the highest such share since the 1st quarter of … (0 comments)

interest rates: Locking Your Loan Rate - 04/14/10 05:03 AM
You know that when you are seeking a mortgage you should shop around for the best rate.  But because interest rates fluctuate, it is a good idea to consider locking your rate.  A rate lock, also called a "lock-in", is a lender's guarantee that you will get a specific interest rate and number of points if you purchase a home within a certain period of time.
If you do not complete your home purchase or refinancing agreement before the lock expires and interest rates happen to rise, you will pay the higher rate.  If interest rates happen to drop during the … (0 comments)

interest rates: Fed's leave key rate unchanged - 12/17/09 04:24 AM
The Federal Reserve today announced it will maintain its target for the federal funds rate in the 0 percent to 0.25 percent range, and expects economic conditions to warrant exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for an extended period of time. "Information suggests that economic activity has continued to pick up and that the deterioration in the labor market is abating," the Fed said in a prepared statement.
"Financial market conditions have become more supportive of economic growth, although economic activity is likely to remain weak for a time.  The Committee anticipates that policy actions to stabilize financial markets … (1 comments)

interest rates: Interest Rates Remain Low - 11/02/09 03:54 AM
In Freddie Mac's results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 5.03 percent for the week ending October 29, 2009 - up from the previous week when it averaged 5.00 percent.      Last year at this time, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 6.46 percent.      "Interest rates for 30-year fixed mortgages have averaged just below 5 percent this year, which is the lowest 10-month average since the survey began in 1971," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac vice president and chief economist.
Brian Ripp, CRS, GRI, Broker - your Bay Area Realtor  serving Fremont, Newark, Union City & surrounding … (1 comments)

Brian Ripp, Brian Ripp (Legacy real estate )

Brian Ripp

Brian Ripp

Fremont, CA

More about me…

Legacy real estate

Address: 39500 Stevenson Place #101, Fremont, ca, 94539

Office: (510) 794-9922

Mobile: (510) 710-4905

Email Me



RSS 2.0 Feed for this blog