Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
With foreclosure starts up in the second quarter of 2012, RealtyTrac listed the top 10 metros to buy or invest in foreclosures for the remainder of 2012.
Overall, 132 out of 212 metropolitan areas with a population of 200,000 or more posted increases in foreclosure starts from the previous quarter, according to RealtyTrac. The bump in starts marks a 60 percent gain and means more foreclosure inventory for those markets.
RealtyTrac’s list includes metros where the average foreclosure sales price is increasing on an annual basis, average foreclosure sale discounts are still 15 percent or higher, and the unsold inventory of REOs represents a supply of 20 months or fewer.
Top 10 Places to Buy Foreclosures (FC)
1. Durham, North Carolina Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 62% Ave. FC sales price – $154,951 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 25% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 19%
2. Springfield, Massachusetts Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 60% Ave. FC sales price – $99,293 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 47% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 12%
3. Olympia, Washington Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 59% Ave. FC sales price – $183,806 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 16% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 10%
4. Boston, Massachusetts Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 52% Ave. FC sales price – $204,702 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 45% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 7%
5. Providence, Rhode Island Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 43% Ave. FC sales price – $136,901 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 36% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 7%
6. Worcester, Massachusetts Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 39% Ave. FC sales price – $138,911 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 38% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 13%
7. Montgomery, Alabama Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 37% Ave. FC sales price – $95,092 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 35% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 11%
8. Cleveland, Ohio Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 34% Ave. FC sales price – $69,468 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 37% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 9%
9. San Luis Obispo, California Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 8% Ave. FC sales price – $322,812 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 23% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 6%
10. Phoenix, Arizona Increase in FC starts from Q1 2012 – 8% Ave. FC sales price – $130,763 FC discount in Q1 2012 – 22% FC sales price increase from Q1 2011 – 7%
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.