Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Active Rain was my first attempt at blogging. Like most, I was novice writer with little confidence. Even with minuscule qualifications, I took refuge in knowing that the 13,000 others bloggers on Active Rain would accept me into their world.
Although a sea of real estate professionals who knew significantly more than I and could express it more eloquently, still an environment that welcomed this new little guppy into "the club".
I wrote about topics that were relevant to me and my business and surprisingly enough, relevant to others. Guided by comments and personal notes of encouragement, I became comfortable expressing my thoughts and eventually "finding my voice".
As the years have gone by, I still enjoying sharing my thoughts with my fellow Rainers. As I teach blogging classes and introduce Active Rain to these newbies, I'm frequently asked about "Why?" Why share industry related topics with other real estate professionals? Is it anything more than preaching to the choir?
At first, I tried to console them with the foundational basis of social media and transparency. That this was a world void of the "hard sell" and overflowing with all good things. However, my seemingly "Pollyanna" attitude, was not always believed. So, with that in mind, I came up with these 10 reasons why an Active Rain blog is a good place to be:
1) Warmth - Active Rain has always fostered a welcoming atmosphere of camaraderie.
2) Sharing - Writing a blog post is about you engaging others.
3) Education - Active Rain is unique in the depth of information shared. From product reviews to personal experienced, answers are honest and plentiful.
4) Common Ground - Shared industry, similar goals and the belief that we can all make the world (or at least our part of it) a better place to be.
5) Friendships - Real people, real life, real experiences.
6) Networking - 150,000 other real estate industry professionals - from trainers to home stagers, appraisers to marketing gurus, we all stand side by side forging on towards our goals.
7) Support - Through writing, commenting and sharing, Active Rain is at atmosphere of "What can I do for you?"
8) Competition - Through contests, not one-up-man-ship. While you can call it "preaching to the choir", wouldn't it be better to recognize this incredible opportunity to "learn from the masses"? Reinventing the wheel is a waste of time, when the tools and the car have already been provided.
9) Confidence - As time goes on, it becomes easier to share you story, easier to give advice and build real life relationships. Ultimately, the foundation shared on Active Rain gives way to the success of your real estate business.
10) Business - After all, isn't that why we're all here? Learning, creating, building, planning = success
Active Rain has been a diving board into my social media ocean. Merely the first step into a world of pro-active professionals who are just as interested in connecting with me as I am with them.
From all over the world, I have made connections. Real "live" people, with whom I never would have had the opportunity to "meet" without Active Rain. Industry leaders and professionals who have openly shared their knowledge and experiences, expecting nothing in return. But, then again, isn't that the premise on which social media is built?
I am a better person (both personally and professionally) for diving into the Active Rain waters. If you want to jump with me, I assure you the water is just fine.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.