The Town of Ashland turned 150 on February 19th . The town was incorporated on February 19 , 1858 . It consisted of one square mile . Today the size has grown to a little over 7 square miles and 6,000 plus residents . That is scary when the Richmond Association of Realtors has just as many members as Ashland has residents . Below is a list of proposed new subdivisions for the Town of Ashland .
1) Logans Run - a proposed 5 lot subdivision at the northeast corner of Ashcake Road and Center Street .
2) Vaughan Heights - a proposed 7 lot subdivision on Vaughan Road , between the tracks and North James Street .
3) Carter Hill - a proposed 42 lot subdivision on the west side of North James Street .
4) Maple Street Subdivision - a proposed 23 lot subdivision which will extend Maple Street northward from the curve at Francis Street .
5) Cottage Green Condominiums - an 89 unit condominium project under construction , located just north of Trotter Mill Condominiums .