allison james estates homes: The Clever agent
- 11/05/10 01:51 AM
A broker was dismayed when a brand new real estate office much like his own opened up next door and erected a huge sign which read ‘BEST AGENTS.’
He was horrified when another competitor opened up on his right, and announced its arrival with an even larger sign, reading ‘LOWEST COMMISSIONS.’
The broker panicked, until he got an idea. He put the biggest sign of all over his own real estate office. It read: ‘MAIN ENTRANCE.
You got to say he was definitely thinking outside of the box.
allison james estates homes: Fayetteville NC-Selling A Home..... Are You Preventing Your Home from Being Sold?
- 10/29/10 04:35 AM
You have made the decision to sell your Fayetteville, NC home and feel like you have done everything to make that happend. Weeks, months, and more months have passed and nothing, not even a peep of a showing. The local market is hot, so what could be wrong? Well, it is possible that you could be the culprilt in sabotaging your own goals and not realize it. Have you put enough effort and thought into these areas listed below. If not, the sad result could be you preventing your home from selling. Put the time and effort into these areas
allison james estates homes: Yummy... Fall Recipe For Your Next Open House
- 10/25/10 11:57 PM
I found this Yummy Hot Apple Cider recipe that will be a great Fall treat to serve at your next Open House.
*6 cups apple cider
* 1/4 cup real maple syrup
* 2 cinnamon sticks
* 6 whole cloves
* 6 whole allspice berries
* 1 orange peel, cut into strips
* 1 lemon peel, cut into strips
1. Pour the apple cider and maple syrup into a large stainless steel saucepan.
2. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, orange peel and lemon peel in the center of a washed square of cheesecloth; fold up the
allison james estates homes: Feng Shui Concepts to Help a Home Sell
- 10/22/10 12:08 AM
To put the best face on a listing and appeal to buyers who follow feng shui principles, keep these tips in mind.
1. Pay special attention to the front door, which is considered the “mouth of chi” (chi is the “life force” of all things) and one of the most powerful aspects of the entire property. Abundance, blessings, opportunities, and good fortune enter through the front door. It’s also the first impression buyers have of how well the sellers have taken care of the rest of the property. Make sure the area around the front door is swept clean, free of
allison james estates homes: Selling Your House...Staging Priorities ....Should-Dos and Nice-To-Dos
- 10/19/10 09:42 PM
In yesterday's Post I gave a list of the Absolute things that I feel a Seller "Must Do" in getting there house Sell Ready. Today I complete the list with the next two groups of priorities. The next groups on our Staging Priorities List include"Should Dos" and "Nice To Dos". They are as follows:
1. Minor Repairs
2. Mechanicals must be in working order
3. Paint in neutral colors
4. Remove dated wallpaper
5. Update lighting
6. Update hardware
7. Replace old carpets & linoleum
8. Focus on curb appeal – don’t forget the outside – first impressions!
allison james estates homes: Selling Your House.... Staging Priorities....Must Dos
- 10/18/10 11:57 PM
To insure a better chance of meeting your ultimate goal of selling your house quickly and for top dollar, the list below include absolute must do s :
Staging priorities Must Dos
1. De-clutter rooms
2. Empty closets
3. Spring clean
4. Neutralize look
5. Eliminate odors
6. Address pet stains
7. Remove valuables
8. Shampoo carpets
9. Remove or re-arrange furniture items
10. Store toys away
11. Pack unnecessary clothes/items
allison james estates homes: House is Sold, Time to Move......Things You Will Need To Remember Check-List.....
- 10/14/10 11:43 PM
□ Provide the post office with your forwarding address two to four weeks ahead of the move.
□ Notify your credit card companies, magazine subscriptions, and bank of your change of address.
□ Create a list of friends, relatives, and business colleagues who need to be notified about your move.
□ Arrange to disconnect utilities and have them connected at your new home.
□ Cancel the newspaper, or change the address so it will arrive at your new home.
□ Check insurance coverage for the items you’re moving. Usually movers only cover what they pack.
□ Clean out appliances and