The East Valley of the greater Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area, including Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Gold Canyon, Queen Creek and Tempe, is still in a price-driven Buyer’s market. In mid-2005, there were less than 6,000 available MLS listings of homes for sale in the entire Valley of the Sun. Today, there are well over 40,000! A number of factors are contributing to the current market conditions, but one extreme factor stands out heads-and-shoulders above the rest ~ foreclosures in record numbers! Queen Creek is being impacted the most by bank owned (foreclosed/REO) properties continuing to hit the market, followed by Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert. As a result, several unique conditions currently exist:
* The selection of available homes for sale in the East Valley is tremendous. Never before have there been so many choices in all types of residences: waterfront, gated, active adult, nearly new, mountain views, horse property, private pool, luxury, affordable ~ you name it! Regardless of the price point, many of the bank owned (foreclosed/REO) properties are in deplorable condition (trashed/stripped by former owners and/or vandalized after being vacated/abandoned), but perhaps 10-20% of them are in terrific locations, have quality upgrades and a private pool, and are in move-in condition. There are also thousands of single family homes, townhouses and condos in Gold Canyon, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, Queen Creek and Mesa that are on the market by homeowners who want or need to sell their homes, many of which are in outstanding condition and priced quite aggressively.
* In light of the over-supply of available homes, coupled with the overall slowdown in both the real estate market and the national economy, prices in the East Valley have fallen to the point where many nearly new homes are actually priced below current comps/appraisals. Some areas of Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, Gold Canyon and Mesa have seen prices correct downward by as much as 50%, and some parts of Queen Creek have corrected by as much as 70%. Home prices are extremely attractive and affordable in virtually every area of the East Valley, including gated communities and waterfront properties with private pools are arguably at or near rock-bottom levels.
* In spite of the sub-prime lending crash that started in 2006, and national banking/liquidity crisis that surfaced in 2008, mortgage loans in the East Valley are still readily available. Credit requirements are more stringent than they were in recent years, but solid loan products and pre-approvals are indeed accessible to home buyers in Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, Chandler, Gold Canyon, Queen Creek. Several loan products have made a roaring come-back, including FHA loans requiring only a 3.5% down payment, VA loans requiring no down payment, and USDA rural loans (available on many horse properties and other areas of Queen Creek) that also require no down payment.
* Interest rates continue to hover in an historically low range. Like most everything on this planet, the reasons for such super-low mortgage interest rates are numerous and complex. The obvious benefit is that many buyers are indeed able to finance their home purchases. And given the tremendous choice of homes and almost unbelievable pricing, bargains, deals and steals in the East Valley are happening daily.
* The result of the conditions described above ~ over-supply of homes, extraordinarily low prices, availability of mortgage financing and low interest rates ~ is a noticeable, steady increase in buying activity in Gilbert, Gold Canyon, Tempe, Chandler, Queen Creek and Mesa. Properties that are priced aggressively and in above-average condition (bank owned or not) are often drawing multiple offers and selling in just a few days.
Whether your interest is in single family homes, townhomes or condos... and whether you're focused on bank owned (foreclosed/REO) properties, pre-foreclosures, short sales or homes being offered by traditional homeowner-sellers... and whether you're looking for smaller, larger, older, nearly new, brand new, active adult, waterfront, gated, private pool, no pool, mountain views or any other type of home in the East Valley, we're here to serve you. And whether you're moving in or out of Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Gold Canyon, Queen Creek or Tempe, Arizona, we're here to help you find and purchase just the right home at just the right price!
ARCHIVED BLOG POSTS
Randy Hooker has not posted any blogs at this time. Please select another month.