Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
1. Have a garage sale ( but advertise it!) to get rid of a few household items you no longer have use for...and use the opportunity to hand out a sales flyer about your home to every person that comes by!
2. Make sure to put "Shown By Appointment Only" below your phone number on your sign, and on your flyer. This won't stop all "door knockers" but it will stop most from showing up unannounced, expecting to walk right in at any time they like. ( Looks more "professional")
3. Make sure your home smells nice! Pot porri works great....or Try vanilla scented candles or even better, bake some chocolate chip cookies in the oven just before your "Open House". Just pick up a can of the "ready made dough" at the grocery store and pop them in the oven!
4. Burning candles in the bathroom and adding some fresh cut flowers on the dining room table can add to the ambiance of the home when entertaining potential buyers.
5. During an "Open House", if you have pets, keep them at a friends house or some other location for the day. Many people are allergic to dogs, cats and other pets that we love.
6. Go by the local plant nursery and pick up few fresh plants to perk up both the inside and the outside of your home (like the front porch). Plastic plants work too....One great place to place fresh plants is just outside the front door. Not only do they look good, but they smell nice too.
7. Let your neighbors know when you're planning an "open house" to let them know you're probably going to have a few visitors and ask if it's okay to allow people to park in front of their homes while viewing yours!
8. Open the curtains and blinds and put the lights on in any dark rooms of the house to lighten things up. Bright rooms look larger, cleaner and more appealing than closed up dark rooms.
9. Start packing items you don't often use and put them away in the garage or attic. This will improve the look and feel of the house and make it easier on you when the house does eventually sell.
10. Organize, organize, organize. Go through your entire house, including garage, pantries, closets, and basements (all areas that will be seen by would be buyers) and organize the contents to make each area look as spacious as possible. This will enhance the overall appearance and appeal of your home.
Homes By the Owner
Email: info(at) homesbytheowner.ca
HomesbytheOwner - www.homesbytheowner.ca - For sale by owner Barrie, Orillia, Midland. We work with private home owners sell FSBO in Collingwood, Innisfil and all of Simcoe county, As well we work with real estate investors, and new home builders...saving hundreds if not thousands in real estate fees by utilizing the private real estate market.
The Six Steps to Success - www.sixstepstosuccess.com - Goal planning for success. Get to your financial goals quicker...Helping you achieve success in goal planning.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.