Optimize your company website's ranking
1. Keywords - It is critical to come up with a list of words the describe your business. In regards to the real estate industry, keywords are extremely competitive and an Adwords campaign should be utlized along with good SEO techniques. The keywords you choose must be used throughout the copy of your website.
2. Keyword Density is critical to obtain good results.
3. Content is King. Make sure the copy on your website changes and your site is not static. If you have relevant stories, news articles that focus on your keywords the search engines will look upon it as favorable. Duplicate copy from your other sites etc is frowned upon. If you are in Real Estate make sure you are utlizing all of the latest technoligies for Video & Presentations.
4. Meta Tags - Again, use keywords and a 25 word description of your website. Often times, you will see this description come up in search results.
5. Links to other pages throughout your website.
6. Reciprocal links - From within your industry. Quality is better then quantity. Try to get referral links from top notch industry websites who enjoy a good Google Page Rank.
7. Create a Site Map for your website and submit it to the major search engines and submit your site to directories like DMOZ
8. Run a Adwords campaign (no matter how small it is) along with your standard SEO/SEM techniques.
9. Befriend users on Digg, Twitter, StumbleUpon and Reddit, as well as Bloggers.
10. Make sure to launch Social Media Campaigns and utlize e-mail databases to stay in touch with your client base.
These 10 items are just the tip of the iceberg but will help to make sure you are headed in the right direction with your website. Good Luck!
catalyst Real Estate & Marketing