Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
There has been a trend in the Appraisal Industry and many of my colleagues across the country are seeing the same thing....what about you?
Starting in 2013 we have seen a huge increase in the amount of What Appraisers Call Personal or Non Lender Appraisal requests. We are seeing that Buyers and Sellers are seeing the VALUE of appraisals prior to Listing their home or prior to signing on the dotted line of a sales contract. Thanks in large part to Local Realtors!
Sellers are getting appraisals for several reasons
1. Realtors are suggesting they get an appraisal before they list because the market is changing once again in most cases UPWARD and they want to make sure the property is listed at the current value.
2. Sellers do NOT want to leave thousands on the table. Even if the Realtor is giving them a market analysis, Since values are on the rise they want to make sure.
3. Conversely, some sellers are thinking BIG, too BIG and want to list their homes too high and therefore Realtors are saying to them, why don't you get an appraisal and then we can decide on the listing price.
4. Realtors want to stay out of the Market Valuation process....KUDOS to this group! Realtors are in the business of marketing and selling homes. NOT providing Appraisal Services, therefore many of our Local Realtors recommend an appraisal for most of their listings especially those that could be considered Complex Properties. If the value does not come in where the seller wants, you can BLAME it on the Appraiser and not take the heat if YOU were the one assigning value to the home prior to listing.
** We specialize in Lake Lanier property and work with several Good Lake Realtors who refer their sellers to me for pre listing Appraisal Services.
As For BUYERS:
1. Many are paying CASH, like in the case of those high end lake homes where a loan is not going to be a part of the equation. They are Savvy buyers and since no loan and no appraisal is forthcoming, they want their own appraisal before they sign on the dotted line. They do not want to offer too much for the home.
2. Even those buyers who will get a loan, they know that the Appraiser is chosen by the LENDER. They instead want control over that process and go ahead and get their own appraisal by someone that THEY have researched and that they feel knows the area. Realtors many times provide recommendations of LOCAL appraisers. This report provides the Buyer with ammunition if the Lender/Bank's appraiser comes in much different in appraised value from their own chosen appraiser's value.
****** IN THIS CASE, REALTORS PLEASE DO NOT CALL, OR EMAIL THE BUYERS CHOSEN APPRAISER AND GIVE THEM THE SALES PRICE OR SALE CONTRACT. UNLESS THE BUYERS WANTS THIS TO OCCUR. THIS UNDERMINES THE BUYERS QUEST FOR AN INDEPENDENT UNBIASED, NO PRESSURE VALUATION. SO PLEASE DO NOT GIVE US THAT SALES PRICE OR CONTRACT.
We want to say Thank you to Realtors, Buyers and Sellers for realizing the VALUE that appraisers add to the whole process. The fee for the appraisal is WELL worth avoiding making THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN MISTAKES.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.