Newington Forest (over 1800 homes) is the largest subdivision in Springfield. It is located in the southeastern corner of the Springfield area of Fairfax County. Since construction began in the 70's and was completed in the 80's there are numerous features not to be found in many newer subdivisions
- Detached homes with large lots
- Town homes with treed and grassy central areas for separation
- Extensive amount of treed common area
- Close-in convenience
The net sales price of the 5 homes that have settled so far in 2009 was 12% below the 2008 results. That is equal to the Fairfax County decline of 12% in 2009 compare to 2008. That is obviously good news for Newington Forest homeowners.
Commuting Options to the Pentagon, Washington, DC, Fort Belvoir and all Northern Virginia work centers
- Fairfax County Commuter Bus Route #305 service to Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station
- operates within Newington Forest. It is approximately a 30 minute trip.
- There is a Slug-Line at the Sydenstricker Commuter lot.
- The Lorton VRE station is within 15 minutes
Fort Belvoir is about a 15 minute drive.
- Depending on location in Newington Forest school age children attend schools located in either the Hayfield or South County Pyramid. You can locate all school grade levels by entering a specific pproperty address at Fairfax County Public School Locator
- Pohick Regional Library is approximately 15 minutes away
- Newington Forest has its' own swimming pool and tot lots
- Audrey Moore Rec Center in Wakefield Park with its year round pool and gymnasium plus a myriad of other sports and activities is approximately 15 minutes
- Wakefield Skate Park is also in Wakefield Park next to the Audrey Moore Rec Center
- South Run Rec Center with year round pool, exercise facilities and other activities is within approximately 10 minutes. It has a connecting trail to Burke Lake Park
- Burke Lake Park with golf course, camping, picnic areas, small boat rental, fishing, carousel, miniature train and ice cream parlor is approximately 10 mimutes
- Lake Accotink Park with small boat rental, fishing and picnic facilities is approximately 15 minutes.
- Pohick Bay Golf Course - an 18-hole public course is approximately 15 minutes
- Pohick Bay Park with boat launch to the Potomac River, camping and picnic facilities is approximately 15 minutes
- Laurel Hill Golf Course - 18-hole public is approximately 10 minutes
The Kruschka Team has 33 years full time experience in the Springfield area. We invite you to try our
and then contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-690-6569. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.