Asian Americans or Asian from Overseas represent 80% of my business.
Out of those 80%, 50% are of my business are from listings, and the other 50% are from buyers.
Being the first generation Asian American growing up watching my mother as an hard bargainer, bargain on simple daily life merchandises to Real Estate properties, I learn from the best! I was taught to be frugal, not to waste any food, energy, unused napkins, goods, and always be conservative with my spending. My upbringing has benefit me more ways than one, and it is no wonder today that I can relate to my Asian buyers.
Handling Asian clients is an art itself! Even though Manhattan New York is as diverse as an US city can be. We hear different dialogues all day long and we try to be as diversify as possible! Knowing how to use Chopsticks properly or speaking one or two words of Asian language does not help you understand Asian clients. It is important for sales person to know what the Asian person's background is, where they come from, and their specific style of spending, culturally, and how assimilated into American culture. Understand these issues can help a sales person in more ways than one, Especially Asian buyers are serious negotiators!
Here are some of my working experiences with Asian buyers:
- Majority of Asian buyers do not get emotional, they do not have happiness or 'I want this' property written on their face. Mathematics over emotion.
- Asian buyers are very financial savvy, please do your homework of neighorhood comparables before blabbing!
- Majority of the Asian buyers buy for their children, the next generation.
- Asian buyers are not into small talks or chit chats that you think you are doing to build rapport.
- Price is important, yearly maintenace fee and the Real Estate taxes is important too.
- Expect to be a long and hard negotiation, we keep our cards close and proceed cautiously!
- Always provide them options, choices, bottomline prices just do not work for them. Be ready to give more than you expect.
- If all possible, have your buyer brokerage agreement signed. It will help you sleep easier at night.
- 中文網站: http://www.GoldHouseUSA.com
- Sell to Asian American or Oversea Asian clients
- Manahattan New York Real Estate
If you are a seller that would like to have your property showcase to our oversea buyer connection. Please contact us now at (646)644-6929.
If you are a buyer that speaks Chinese and would like work with someone that speaks your Chinese dialect, call us now at (646)644-6929. We are both English and Chinese Speaking Real Estate agents under one of the most successful Manhattan Brokerage firm Prudential Douglas Elliman with extensive market knowledge. In addition, we specialize in connecting the local Manhattan sellers with both local and international buyers with our preferred buyer networks. Call us today at (212)321-7122 or (917)837-8869.
Copyright © 2009 by Eileen Hsu: *Working with Asian American Clients Tips!*