Fresh flowers add a nice touch to your home when it is being shown.
With all the negative news that the media is presenting it is hard for potential WNY home sellers to think that it will be anything but an uphill battle. But there are things that a seller can do to improve the chances of a sale by preparing their home.
Ways to make sure your home is not on the market long after correctly pricing your home for sale include:
- Get rid of the clutter! The more open space you have, the easier it will be for potential buyers to envision their belongings in your space. Have a garage sale, box up everything that you don't need and put it in storage, etc.
- Keep everything organized. Growing up, you could shove things in the closets and under the bed to make your room look clean. Potential buyers will open door and look in cupboards. Make sure everything is organized and clean! Read Also: Western New York Showing Advice for Sellers
- Your home should always smell as clean as it looks. More buyers are turned off by household odors more than they are by a little clutter. Especially smoke and pet odors. With spring here, open the windows often, keep a sented candle burning and take the smking outside and ensure that the litter box is kept fresh!
- Bright and Airy. Make sure all curtains and blinds are open to let the sun shine in! Dak homes are very undesirable by buyers, so show your home off with lots of light. Clean all your windows and mirrors as that will add to the brightness of your home. Also put the highest watt lightbulbs in every light fixture. If you are home just before the showing, turn all the lights on before you leave. Read Also: How to make glass sparkle before your home showing
- Don't forget the landscaping. Your front yard is the first impression a potential buyer will have of your house for sale. Many times buyers will avoid it if it looks like the home as not been maintained. Keep your grass well trimmed, edge the driveway, walkways and weed the flower beds. You want your front yard to look like it was professionally landscaped.
When you can't think of anything else to make your house appealing, ask us for more selling tips! To set up a free initial walk through of your home to increase its sale-ability, call the real estate experts at RealtyUSA! Call Colleen Kulikowski at (716) 743-5297 to set up your appointment!