Zoey the Cool Cat (picture at left) often wonders why she can't go outside more often. I do take her out to the back patio sometimes so she can sit on my lap and dream about catching some of the hummingbirds.
I tell her that The Weather Channel forecasts rain, and even though we live in sunny San Diego, Zoey the Cool Cat hasn't yet caught on.
She does like to tell me about the weather forecasting ability of her ancestors and often meows, surely wanting me to let her try her paw at forecasting. Zoey the Cool Cat has been reading Planet Cat, and here are some of the forecasting abilities of her ancestors:
- A cat sleeping with four paws tucked under itself means cold weather is on the way.
- If a cat washes behind its ears, it will soon rain.
- When the pupil of a cat's eye broadens, it will rain.
- Cats running around wildly means winds are on the way.
- Cats clawing a carpet and curtains signify bad weather ahead.
- A cat sitting with its back to the fire indicates tht a cold snap is imminent.
- A cat sneezing once means rain.
- Washing a cat will bring rain. (Even today, the Korat, a native cat of Thailand, is sometimes ceremoniously sprinkled with water to ensure enough rain for the crops.)
- A cat scratching itself against the leg of a table means the weather will soon change.
- If the tail of a sleeping calico cat is turned to the north or east, a storm is approaching. If it is turned toward the south or west, fair weather is ahead.
Looking for a home for you and your pet?
Need help selling a home here?
Moving here to work on Stimulus Bill projects?
Visiting and would like a vacation home here?
I can help you find the best just the right home or just the right buyers I'm available 24/7, so feel free to contact me by phone or email. ***** My most recent 20 posts (they'll open in a new window):
to meet your real estate needs, wants, and goals.
I'm available 24/7, so feel free to contact me by phone or email.
My most recent 20 posts (they'll open in a new window):