The Charlotte market has weathered the storm better than most. We continue to see new jobs and construction in the area. The Charlotte Business Journal published this week the Charlotte area business rankings on 2008 FORTUNE 500 list.
Making the List:
- Bank of America ranks No 11 with $113.11 billion in revenue
- Lowe's Cos. Inc. ranks No 47 with $48.23 billion in revenue
- Nucor Corp. ranks No 106 with $23.66 billion in revenue
- Duke Energy ranks No 204 with $13.2 in revenue
- Sonic Automotive, Inc. ranks No. 337 with $7.488 billion in revenue
- Goodrich Corp. ranks No 354 with $7.06 billion in revenue
- Family Dollar Stores, Inc. ranks No. 359 with $6.98 billion revenue
- SPX Corp. ranks No 402 with $6.14 billion in revenue
Topping the overall list is Exxon Mobile Corp with revenues of $442.85 billion. Three out of the top five were oil companies.