The housing market in Delaware County...
• The number of units listed for sale marched upward 17% over the number of units listed in February '09 but is still down 15% over the number of homes listed in March 2008.
• The Average list price is down 11% over February 2009 list price but is up 7% over the January '09 and up 3% over March of 2008 average list price.
• The Average SOLD price is down 0.5% over February 2009. The year over year increase in the SOLD price, this year, March 2009 compared to March 2008: the SOLD Price is up 2.8%.
• The Average Days on Market decreased to 97 days, a 7% decrease over last month's 105 days on market average.
• March 2009 marks the first decrease in days on market in over 7 months.
Marching Forward? Yes, the real estate market is starting to get a little warm as Spring time is upon us. Let us not look past the numbers though. Mr./Ms. Seller it is still going to take a little time to sell your home BUT if you come up with the right recipe of list price, property condition and a good location you are sure to attract a buyer with a rather healthy appetite quickly. And to our buyer friends out there it is safe to say if you are actively looking for a home, don't hesitate. The good one's always go fast as long as they have the recipe for success. Now, I‘m hungry.
*statistics derived from TrendMLS provider of multiple listing services to the real estate community of Delaware County and many other surrounding counties