Thank goodness we have lots of people who volunteer their time and services to others, why do they do it?
- Because they showed up at a meeting and raised their hand (this has always been my problem)
- Because they know if they don't volunteer, it won't get done
- Because no matter what kind of appreciation they get, or don't get, they know in their own hearts that they stepped up and did the best they could
- Because the act of volunteering fills a need we have to contribute to our community, some in small ways, some in large ways
So do yourself a favor and volunteer, for something AND thank a volunteer!
- Little league helpers, coaches, team parents, concession stand workers, field workers, umpires
- Scouting leaders, school club leaders, special event organizers
- Leaders of special events in your community along with all of the volunteer workers
- Firefighters, neighborhood watch, MILITARY
- This list can go on and on, so many volunteers, so little space