Anti-Realtors! We've all seen them! They lurk in the shadows of Zillow and local newspaper real estate blogs waiting for a new post or article by a Realtor so they can pounce on the comments section. The intent is normally to scare potential buyers and sellers from using a Realtor. They do this through intimidation...they position the potential client as an "idiot" if they don't handle their own real estate transaction and are "duped" into using a Realtor.
It's too bad...since those of us who are professionals in the Real Estate Industry know how much work and expertise goes into navigating a transaction to a successful close. Perhaps it's the very reason we are considered and "extra" and not a necessity....we take care of so much behind the scenes without concerning the client that they never know all that we do! Hmmm....hadn't thought of that!
Last night one of the Anti-Realtors surfaced on a post of mine here on Active Rain. Realtors Were NOT Part of the Real Estate Problem . In this case the author felt that during the "boom" listing agents were ok but that buyer's agents were at fault? What? Apparently buyer's agents should have known that the prices were unsustainable and so by allowing the buyers to buy.....they were the problem!
Ok...so taking that same logic, here are some more people to blame for the bad economy. During the "boom":
1) Contractors and Sub-Contractors should have turned down all remodeling jobs since these jobs would be cheaper in the coming years when they have no other work.
2) Car Companies and Dealers should have closed their lots for a few years since the economy was going to drive prices down. In addition, the car companies are going to offer to pay the car payment if they run into trouble..better wait for that plan.
3) Gas Stations should have stopped supplying the pumps since the gas prices were going to fall to around $2/gallon and that will be a much better time to fill up your tanks.
4) Electronic Stores should have put all TVs in the back room for a couple of years since the Plasma TVs are going to be very inexpensive in a couple of years.
5) Internet Retailers should have shut down their sites for a few years so that the walk-in retailers can get their fair share now...and then when the economy stalled and sale tax rose...they can take their profits later.
6) Pool Guys, Cleaning Services, Gardeners...what can I say? How could you charge so much for your services when they are going to be almost half that price in a couple of years? Why didn't you charge us the least you possibly could in the first place?
The list goes on.....I'm sure you have some to add! The point is.....WHAT? Things happen and if the Real Estate Industry is the one who holds the Crystal Ball....then I want mine!