Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Hello everyone! Everyone on AR,and in the Realestate Market...I am sure KNOWS that USDA loans (where applicable) are arguably the BEST PRODUCT OUT THERE!!! However, did you know that you can purchase a home that needs some LOVE and FINANCE the improvements? All with NO MORTGAGEINSURANCE AND AT 100% of the purchase price or value?
Now, let's be realistic...your listing, or the house you want to buy...cannot look like this!
HOWEVER, A USDA "subject to" appraisal can be done on a home that needs a little less love!!!
Now, what is a "Subject to" appraisal you ask?
It is an appraisal done on a home, SUBJECT TO the work being done! Sounds simple right?? Well, sort of....
In a nutshell,The USDAfocuses on Safety, Weatherization, and making the property look good from the street! There are Lender Specifc requirements that come into play also, so please understand, this is a basic breakdown! You need to call me, or a specific approved Lender in your area to get the details!
1. Improvements have to be madeto the exterior only. For example, Siding, Windows, Roof, gutters, soffits, etc..and are subject to the "as improved" value of the appraisal!
2. Improvements are escrowed for..in other words, the money for the completion of the project is held at the Title Company!
3. You can obtain as many bids on the necessary work as you want, and you can even SELECT WHOEVER YOU WANT to do the work!
4. Amount of improvements is limited to 10% of the sale price! For example, is the sale price is $100,000...then the max amount financed is $10,000.00, or total of $110,000.
5. Escrowed amount for the improvements is 1 1/2 times the bid amount! For example, if the bid amount is $5.000.00, then $7,5000.00 will be the escrow amount.
6. IMPORTANT - of the 1 1/2 times the bid, the 1/2 percent has to be YOUR OWN MONEY! You can get this money from a gift, or even from the seller, but again, it will be held at the Title Company. REO properties RARELY give you seller credits, but hey, talk with your Realtor about that!
7. The work HAS TO BE DONE by a licensed contractor! You cannot have your friends over for a cookout, and do the work yourself!
8. The work MUST BE COMPLETED in 90 days, but does NOT have to be completed by closing! Everything is only guaranteed by the USDA for that amount of time..but your FUNDER may have different rules!
9. There are no disbursements to the contractor. When the work is complete, inspected, and deemed satisfactory, then and ONLY THEN, is the contractor is paid in full.
10. Un-used portions of the escrow are refunded back to the customer after all work is complete.
Followup inspections by the Appraiser, and/or Title Company, will be required, so there are additional expenses for this service, and again, an experience Mortgage Lender will guide you through this process!
Now, what is a Lender Specific Requirement you ask?
An example of one would be, that the USDA does not have a true limit to how much you can borrow, nor do they care if it is inside or outside work, as long as you are escrowing 1 1/2 times the amount, and the VALUE OF THE PROPERTY is there! However, in our case, JP MORGAN CHASE, DOES HAVE LIMITATIONS! That is how they choose to do business! One HUGE advantage of doing business with JP MORGAN CHASE, is that they are one of only a "handul" of funding sources that guarantee the funds, EVEN IF THE USDA is out of money! (which happened last fall, and continued into February of this year)
There are other restrictions as well, and they vary from lender to lender....so again, call me at 608-592-2227, or email me at Darin@osmwi.com for more details!
Lastly, much like any other USDA loan, the borrower must qualify, as well as the location of the home must also qualify! Please click on the USDA symbol below for a direct link to their website here in Wisconsin! In other states, just go to www.rurdev.usda.gov or click here.
This is a TRICKY but extremely useful program, but one word of caution to 1st time homebuyers...there is alot to do with gathering information, as well as meeting contractors, etc..etc..etc...so you must decide if you want to take all of this one AND buy your first home!
Realtors, this is an awesome program, and sure dresses up your listings or creates more potential customers!
Most importantly, and I cannot STRESS this enough...YOU MUST BE WORKING WITH SOMEONE WHOKNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING when it comes to these types of loans!
**Many restrictions apply, so email or call today for specifics! **
Thanks, and I look forward to all comments, questions, and concerns!
- Darin -
Proudly serving the entire State of Wisconsin since 2003!
Please check out these other useful blogs for more great information!
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.