We've had some good times together, but the time has come for us to go our separate ways. You'll be moving on and I'll stay behind. Yes, it's true, you have outgrown me. Before you walk away, here are a few hints to make our parting filled with more sweet than sorrow:
1. Garage sale, Goodwill or Simply Give Stuff Away: I don't want to look like I'm bursting the seams of every room, closet and drawer. So please help me lighten the load, look sleeker and more spacious by keeping only what fits. Once that excess baggage is gone you'll be surprised at how roomy I can still look.
2. Cover the Walls (and scuff marks, crayon marks and fingerprints) with a Fresh Coat of Paint: Paint is to walls as botox is to wrinkles. There's nothing like fresh paint for an instant lift. Dollar for dollar it is one of the best pre-sale investments you can make. Go neutral but not boring. There are some gorgeous taupes, vanillas and milky whites shades of paint. Every room does not have to be white. Show off my best architectural features with a shade lighter or darker in the same color family. After the painting is finished scrub, polish and shine the rest of the house. You may be surprised to discover your old house can still turn more than a few heads.
3. Now Don't Get Emotional, You Want Someone Else to Fall in Love with Me: I know I'm looking so good you are having second thoughts about leaving, but you know in your heart we are no longer right for each other. I appreciate your help in making me as attractive as possible for my next owner, but I know it serves you well too. Your extra efforts will put more cash in your pocket at the closing table. A house with curb appeal and interior pzazz will often sell sooner, and for more money, than a neglected "as is" wall flower. You did the right thing and can leave with your head held high, plus the extra cash will come in handy when it's time to dress up your new place.
4. Deferred Maintenance Will Get You One Way or Another: Fix it now, or pay later either with a cash credit or repairs prior to the close of escrow. My roof is patched and showing its age and yes, those leaky faucets are still dripping away. I'll show so much better with those problems gone.
Ok, I see that admiring look in your eyes, you're pretty pleased with my results aren't you?
Together we were quite a team, and moving forward will be so much easier with a little effort before the "For Sale" sign goes in the ground.
Find more tips for home sellers on my Seller's Tips page.
Norma Toering & Team RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
(310) 493-8333 / Office Phone: (310) 831-0800
South Bay Los Angeles cities I sell real estate, property, houses and homes in: Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Torrance, Lomita, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach.
Find Norma on: Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn - Email Norma
Palos Verdes Homes for Sale Blog - Palos Verdes Property Website
Palos Verdes Houses for Sale Search - More information on Palos Verdes
Subscribe via ActiveRain - Subscribe via Email - Start your own blog on activerain!
Rancho Palos Verdes Horse Property Blog - View Homes for Sale in Palos Verdes Estates Blog -
Palos Verdes Neighborhood Market Reports - Moving to Palos Verdes -
Needles RV Park, Motel and Land for Sale - Coachella Valley Equestrian Luxury Estate Lots for Sale
Sell Smart, Buy Wise and Live Well
Norma Toering & Team RE/MAX Estate Properties
PalosVerdesLifestyle- Norma's award winning site as the best Palos Verdes homes and real estate blog since 2007. Selected by Relocation.com as one of the top ten Los Angeles area real estate blogs. Chosen by MovingCost.com as one of the best Los Angeles realty blogs. Awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Lender411 blog review. Ranked by Technorati in the top 1% of all blogs. As seen in the Daily Breeze newspaper.
South Bay Los Angeles cities I sell real estate, property, houses and homes in: Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Torrance, Lomita, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach. Based on information from the Association of REALTORS®/Multiple Listing as of the initial date of this article/blog publication and /or other sources. Display of MLS data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.
Find Norma on: Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn - Email Norma - Google+
Palos Verdes Homes Blog - Palos Verdes Houses
Palos Verdes Horse Property - Palos Verdes Realtor Agent
Palos Verdes Coastal Homes - Los Angeles Home Search
Photos of Palos Verdes - Palos Verdes Videos
Palos Verdes Luxury Homes - Beach Cities Homes