First-Time Homebuyer Credit

Real Estate Broker/Owner with Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Star Homes
Wondering if you qualify for the First-Time Homebuyer Credit?

Here is a link to the IRS First-Time Homebuyer Credit Form 5405.

From the IRS Form 5405 ...

Who Can Claim the Credit:

In general, you can claim the credit if you are a first-time homebuyer.

You are considered a first-time homebuyer if:

You purchased your main home located in the United States after April 8, 2008, and before December 1, 2009.

You (and your spouse if married) did not own any other main home during the 3-year period ending on the date of purchase.

If you constructed your main home, you are treated as having purchased it on the date you first occupied it.

Main home: Your main home is the one you live in most of the time. It can be a house, houseboat, housetrailer, cooperative apartment, condominium, or other type of residence.

Jim Starwalt

Thinking of making a move? Log onto my website at and search the Multiple Listing Service from over 150,000 homes for sale. Registering is quick and easy!

Jim Starwalt, Broker Associate RE/MAX Center, Phone: 847-548-2625


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Home Buying
Illinois Lake County
2009 home buyer tax credit
tax credit as a down payment
8000 tax credit as a down payment

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Jim Starwalt

Expect Better
Ready to Make a Move? Contact Jim Starwalt
Spam prevention

Additional Information