How does one obtain a great mentor? Are they in the Yellow Book or www.superpages.com? You must be careful on who you pick to be your mentor. You want to have a positive experience and not a bad one. A bad experience can set you back for months in the real estate business. Personally, it took me three months before I picked my mentor. I created a set of ten questions to ask a potential mentor.
Here are my Top 10 Questions when interviewing a Mentor:
- Why do you want to mentor me?
- What is your experience? Please explain in detail to me.
- What are your goals for this year?
- What did you accomplish last year? Pick a mentor that is a true Rainmaker in real estate.
- How much money did you make the last three years?
- What are your three greatest strengths as a mentor?
- What is your greatest weakness? Please explain how you overcome this weakness.
- What is in it for you being my mentor?
- What schedule do you propose when it comes to meeting times and subject areas?
- When do we start?
I interview nine people that I knew in the real estate industry at the time. I picked a man who answered all of the questions with straight answers. Also, I was impressed with his accomplishments. It was someone who I could replicate to be one day in the real estate industry. We all have a vision how we want our business. Are we willing to ask for help? Currently, I am mentoring three people at this time.
OBTAIN A GREAT MENTOR NOW!