When it comes to cozy town home communities that are conveniently located then you will definitely want to see Somerset At South Run. There are only 123 homes, some of which have one car garages.
Why are they so cozy and convenient?
- They are in a wooded complex that borders Lake Merced
- The Fairfax County Parkway is less than 5 minutes from the homes
Somerset at South Run|
Town Home Market Report
Homes Sold and Settled|
Year-To-Date 2009 Vs. Total Year 2008
- Fairfax Connector Bus Route 305 can be boarded at the Hooes Road entrance to Somerset at South Run with service to the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail station (schedule time is 20 minutes) Metrorail service facilitates commuting to the Pentagon, Washington, DC and all National Capital Area work centers with subway access.
- Proximity to the Fairfax County Parkway offers east-west cross county commuting options - the Springfield Interchange is approximately 15 minutes from Somerset at South Run
- Fort Belvoir is approximately 20 minutes away via Rolling Road or Pohick Road to US1
Schools and Library
- Somerset at South Run homes are in the Lake Braddock Secondary School Pyramid You can locate the scholls for a specific address at Fairfax County Public School Locator
- Pohick Regional Library is within 15 minutes
- Huntsman Square Shopping Center is approximately 5 minutes away at the corner of the Fairfax County Parkway and Huntsman Boulevard
- Saratoga Shopping Center and Rolling Valley Mall are within 15 minutes
- Audrey Moore Rec Center in Wakefield Park with its year round pool and gymnasium plus a myriad of other sports and activities is approximately 15 minutes
- Wakefield Skate Park is also in Wakefield Park next to the Audrey Moore Rec Center
- South Run Rec Center with year round pool, exercise facilities and other activities is within approximately 5 minutes. It has a connecting trail to Burke Lake Park
- Burke Lake Park with golf course, camping, picnic areas, small boat rental, fishing, carousel, miniature train and ice cream parlor is approximately 10 mimutes
- Lake Accotink Park with small boat rental, fishing and picnic facilities is within 15 minutes.
- Pohick Bay Golf Course - an 18-hole public course is approximately 20 minutes
- Pohick Bay Park with boat launch to the Potomac River, camping and picnic facilities is approximately 20 minutes
- Laurel Hill Golf Course - 18-hole public is approximately 10 minutes
- Finally, you can just grab your fishing pole and walk over to Lake Merced