Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
During our normal hot Texas summers, we all need to do our part to conserve water. Clean water is a precious commodity that many people take for granted. Here are a few things we can all do to save a little water. Some are logical some sound kind of silly, but each of them save water.
1 Create a rainwater collection system in your yard. You can get rain-barrels from the City of Austin. Use this water to water your lawn or flowers.
2. Always water your lawn/landscape between 9:00pm-9:00am. This reduces the amount of water lost to evaporation. This means you can water less often and still save money too.
3. Check your sprinkler system and fix any leaks and reduce wasted water.
4. Install low flow/water efficient toilets in your home. The City of Austin has a great rebate program. Their are even dual flush toilets availale now. These toilets really save a lot of water!
5. Install a water efficient clothes washer. Only run the washer when you have a full load of laundry. If you can, have your laundry waste water diverted out into your yard to water your grass instead of going into the waste-water line.
6. If you choose to keep your old toilets, take a one liter soda bottle and fill with water and place in the tank so it does not obstruct the flapper and ball-cock. This will reduce the amount of water used with each flush.
7. Here is the funny one- I just heard on the radio that if every man in the USA went #1 in the back-yard just once a day, that it would save over 40 Billion gallons of water each year. (if I made you laugh -great. If I offended you-I am sorry)
The point is we can all do a little something to help conserve water. It is our most important resource and we need to work now to conserve it. Thanks for spending two minutes on the blog. Have a great and waterwise summer!
Betina Foreman, Your south Austin Realtor
If you are in the market for a new home and are not presently working with a Realtor, call me. I would be happy to help you through the process of buying a home. I specialize in Relocation and I have a network of experts to make the process easy to navigate. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.