Westridge could easily have been named West Lake Ridge, but having its' own distinctive name sets it apart from Lake Ridge even though they are joined. Although consideably smaller than Lake Ridge it has
- Wooded common areas
- Treed lots
- Community pool and tennis
- Detached homes, town homes and condominiums
Town Home Market Report
Homes Sold and Settled|
Year-To-Date 2009 Vs. Total Year 2008
- EXPRESS BUS SERVICE to the PENTAGON and WASHINGTON, DC is available at the Festival at Old Bridge shopping center in Lake Ridge - less than 10 minutes
- CARPOOLS usuallyy meet at the VDOT Commuter Lot at the entrance to Lake Ridge - see OMNIMATCH for more specific details
- SLUGGING (some erroneously call it hitching a ride which it is) is a result of the need to use HOV lanes on the I-95 as much as possible. Commuters form a line at a designated SLUG STOP in Lake Ridge - it is the VDOT Commuter at the Lake Ridge entrance. For example, a driver will pull up headed for the Pentagon, but needs one more passenger to qualify for HOV-3. The first person in line going to the Pentagon will join the others in the car and away they go. It's free commuting for the slugger and gives the driver availability to HOV lanes on I-95 - win win!!
- RAILROAD The Virginia Railway Express WOODBRIDGE STATION with rail service to Springfield, Crystal City and Union Station in Washington, DC is approximately a 20 minute drive from The Glen in the morning rush hour. At Springfield you can switch to METRORAIL that gives you access to the entire National Capital Area subway system.
- LOCAL BUS SERVICE Local buses run regularly throughout the Greater Woodbridge area as well as other areas of Prince William County. Lake Ridge is one of the communities served by OMNLINK
- Fort Belvoir is approximately 30 minutes
- MCB Quantico is approximately 30 minutes
SCHOOLS AND LIBRARY
- Westridge Elementary - in the community
- Woodbridge Middle - approximately 15 minutes
- Woodbridge High - less than 10 minutes
Chinn Regional Library less than 5 minutes
SHOPPING - it doesn't get any better than this!!!
- The Glen Shopping Center with Safeway, Panera Bread, CVS Pharmacy and numerous restaurants is approximately 5 minutes
- Festival at Old Bridge is on Old Bridge Road near the western end of Lake Ridge at Smoketown Road. It has a US Post Office Annex and is less than 10 minutes.
- Lake Ridge Commons at Old Bridge Road and Hedges Run Drive - less than 10 minutes
- Pool,tennis and clubhouse in Westridge
- Chinn Aquatics and Fitness Center with year round pool, exercise facilities, racquetball courts and meeting room is less than 5 minutes
- Leesylvania State Park with boat launch to the Potomac, picnic facilities and educational programs is less than 30 minutes
- Prince William Forest Park with 37 mikes of hiking trails, 21 miles of bicycle accessible roads, cabin and tent camping is less than 30 minutes
- There is a bicycle and jogging path along the Prince William Parkway.
- Lake Ridge Park and Marina with boat launch to the Occoquan Reservoir, 9-hole golf course, miniature golf and picnic facilities is approximately 10 minutes
- Occoquan Regional Park with boat launch to the Occoquan River, summer boat storage,ball fields and picnic areas is approximately 15 minutes
- Old Hickory Golf Club is less than 10 minutes
The Kruschka Team has 33 years full time experience in Prince William County. Contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-690-6569. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.