When a homeowner gets ready to sell, there are so many things to consider.
First you have to decide your time frame. A well priced home in Prince William County Virginia will typically sell within a few weeks of listing.
So you must have a plan of action.
- Are you moving out of State?
- Do you need to find a new home? An apartment?
- What will you do with the family pets?
- How much do you have to do to the house to get it market ready ( what does that mean?)
- Have you checked on the cost to move? Movers, Closing Costs, Repair Costs etc..
- Are you going to sell it yourself "For Sale By Owner"
- How do you set the price?
- Are you going to list your home with a Realtor?
- How do I know what Realtor to choose?
- How long does the process take?
- What will it cost me to sell my home?
- Do I have to move right away?
- What is the real estate commission Realtors charge?
- What do I do if I do not have enough equity?
- How much would my home rent for?
- If I have equity in my home does that put me in a better position?
- How do I find out what my home is worth right now?
These are all questions that homeowners typically must ponder when considering selling a home. First off- "take a deep breathe...now relax." No matter what your situation, just know that all of us at Erick and Company are here to help you. There is no cost to you, to talk with any Realtor to discuss your options. Right now, the main focus has to be, developing a plan of action and implementing that plan. Whether you eventually decide to sell For Sale By Owner, Short Sale or list your home with a full service Realtor there are always options and choices. You may even decide to rent your home. No matter what your decision Realtor or not...education and knowledge will be the key to a successful move.
For anyone reading this post who currently has a home listed for sale, the days of long drawn out listing periods are gone! If you currently have a home sitting on the market that has not SOLD, talk to your Realtor...something is wrong. It could be Price, Condition or Marketing. You control two of those items.
If you have questions about today's market and your options
Just call Peggy James of Erick and Company at Exit 1st Choice Realty, Woodbridge VA. Realtors®, call 703-851-3085 (Peggy) or 703-590-2252 (Office) Erick Blackwelder to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Lake Ridge, Westridge, Old Bridge Estates, River Falls, Middle County, Manassas, Montclair, Dumfries, Occoquan, Dale City, Gainesville area's