Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
These are courtesy of a great attorney,now since retired,C.Ingrid Larsen,Esq who was a superb Landlord Rights advocate while still having empathy for the tenant. Smart Gal--now retired in a sleepy village in Northern California. Thanks Ingrid. Your legacy lives (and that of your father!).
1. Never argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference!--Oh how true is this! With a market place generating a ton of offers and no acceptance, we can sometimes get frustrated with a buyer who just insists on offering 10% below the list price even though there are mulitple offers, 50 cards on the kitchen counter and 1 day on the market!! Sometimes we need to let folks go who just don't get it!
2. Observe everything; admire nothing--Do you know in mideastern culture if you openly admit to admiring a lovely piece of art or striking painting that the host is obligated to give it to you as a gift! But guess what--you in turn must do the same and give a gift of "like-kind"!! Careful!
3. It's easier to get forgiveness than permission--I've been known to push this one!
4. Rarely resist the opportunity to keep your mouth shut---He who talks first looses! Or god gave us two ears and one mouth--do you GET the ratio!
5. Don't ask the question if you can't live with the answer! or as Zig Ziglar says, "Don't be the answer to their prayers until you KNOW what they are praying for!!
6. If you want a new idea, read an old book--some of the greatest literature is based on the bible. Imitate a writing style which keeps simplicity as its goal. Hemmingway was legendary at this. Mental gymnastics-TS Elliot!
7. If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.--or as Yogi Berra once quipped, "When you come to a fork in the road--take it!" or Frost's comments: "The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."
8. Never have a philosophy which supports a lack of courage-and if you don't think it takes courage to get through this market then you need a check up from the neck up!
9. Never look back unless you intend to go that way--Forward thinking is good as we are NOT going to see the old market again for many, many years! The new reality is upon us--embrace it or face oblivion!
10. Never wrestle with a pig; you both get dirty and the pig likes it!--Yes, we've all had that client and I learned many, many years ago to avoid them at all costs. Leave this planet with your reputation intact please! You leave behind your legacy. What will yours be?
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.