I love the beach especially on those cloudy, rainy days when most people stay home curled up on the couch. Yesterday was Jay's birthday and as is our custom the birthday person gets to decide what they want to do. He couldn't decide, although I'd bet if the weather had been better he might have chosen golfing, so I decided for him.
NH has a small ocean coastline with only 18 miles of rocky and sandy very changeable coastline. It's an easy ride with much of the coast visible from the car.
From our home in Hampstead it is a quick 35 minute ride to Hampton beach. We left around 1pm and thought we'd go pick up some lunch at Ceal's in Seabrook Beach and then drive up the coast.
Ceal's Clam Stand is nothing to look at but it is famous for it's homemade seafood chowder. When I say that your spoon literately can stand up in the bowl unassisted...I am dead serious.
Last time we drove up for seafood chowder at Ceal's, they sold out just before we arrived so we both were a bit anxious that we might not get our "Ceal's fix".
We arrived at Ceal's only to find out that they had only one bowl left but if we came back in an hour the new batch of home made chowder would be ready. It was a no brainer...we told them we'd be back!
We headed north on Route 1 A and as we crossed the bridge over Hampton Harbor I looked down with envy at the Campers camping out on the beach at Hampton Beach State Park. I was jealous that my motor home was home in my driveway and not sitting in that park.
Even though it was foggy I'd have gladly been there.
We continued north up the coast towards North Hampton. It was lovely and very unusual as there were hardly any people in sight.
Did I mention it was cold and rainy...hardy anyone on the beach! I love it like that!
We drove through North Hampton stopping to explore and take pictures. This is our backyard and we know it well but still every time we see it...we fall in love again.
We talk as we drive and hold hands ( I know how corny) but that's us. We dream about places yet to be seen, things we still want to do. But most importantly we realize how lucky we are to live where do and that we get to see at anytime we want, the beauty of the mighty Atlantic Ocean.
We love our little part of the world...New Hampshire really does have it all.
After a while we turned around a drove south back to Ceal's for our chowder. I love the view as we round the bend in North Hampton...from the car the coast is breathtaking. My photo is taken from inside a moving car on a raining foggy day and still I think you can see a bit of what I see when I look at it.
Welcome to New Hampshire! Isn't it special?
Even when the weather is bad the Coastline is beautiful. Can you imagine what it would look like on a sunny day?
Happy Birthday Honey! We had a very special day and our chowder was AWESOME just like it always is at Ceal's Clam Stand!
Serving Southern New Hampshire and Rockingham County
Jay and Monika McGillicuddy
Prudential Verani Realty
- 14 Martin Ave Salem New Hampshire
- **4 Regis Drive Pelham New Hampshire**Price Reduced**
- Welcome to Active Rain Joey Sweatt
- HOT Closings
- localism works...I know
- Hampstead New Hampshire Professional Office condo for rent
- - Hampstead NH..Price Reduction
- Pelham NH Open House
- My Grandson Wants to Blog
- New Hampshire REALTORS Call to Action
- Hampstead New Hampshire Playgound Support Needed
- Snow in New Hampshire...Again!
- Hidden New Hampshire Talent
- New Hampshire Legislative Update: House Bill 868
- Hampstead New Hampshire Multi-Family For Sale
- Pelham New Hampshire Unique Home For Sale
- Do I really sound like that?
- Attention New Hampshire Property Owners!
- Skiing at Gunstock in Gilford New Hampshire
- Reality of New Hampshire's Housing Market
- New Hampshire...Apple picking time!
- Grafton County Market Report
- Merrimack County New Hampshire Year End Market Report
- Rockingham County Year End Market Report
- Strafford County Year End Market Report
- Hillsborough County Year End Market Report
- New Hampshire Year End Market Report
- Southern New Hampshire Living!
- The Best of the Best...My Southern New Hampshire Communities
- Nation Wide Sellers...Do you know where your buyers come from?
- Sellers...do you know where buyers come from?
- Make Memories...The Lasting Holiday Gift
- New Hampshire's White Powder
- Opportunity Time for New Hampshire's Buyers...Finally
- YAHOOO...8621 COATS collected!!!
- Rolling the Dice...with Title Insurance
- Hampstead New Hampshire Happenings
- New Hampshire...Kayaking Adventures
- New Hampshire...My Favorite State
- You Probably Won't See this Tomorrow
- Coming Home...
- New Hampshire's Old Man!!!
- Hampstead New Hampshire Market Update
- Hampstead New Hampshire Tid-Bits
- A Little Bit About Kingston New Hampshire
- Voting for the 1st time in Salem NH
- Information Overload???
- A Little Bit About Danville New Hampshire
- A little bit about Atkinson New Hampshire
- Sunset at Bar Harbor Maine
- A little bit about Hampstead New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Real Estate Market Trends