By Aaron Evans
If you are a Real Estate professional then to be a success it is of vital importance that you become knowledgeable of what the term – Search Engine Optimization or SEO is.
SEO is becoming a very important tool to help you target customers and get on the first page of the search engines. Along with any other marketing that you are working on Real Estate SEO Marketing will become an important way to assure that your marketing efforts online will be both effective and profitable for the time spent.
If you are seeking to do real estate search engine optimization for your website then a great goal will be to work towards having your business real estate website appear on page one of search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bling (MSNs New Search Engine).
By focusing on proper terms you can have your real estate website appear naturally at the top of the left hand (or organic) results.
If you run a simple ranking report for your site and your terms than you will be assured that your hard work is paying off for you. By properly working on real estate search engine marketing for your site this is but one step that will ensure that targeted searchers are clicking on your website.
This work does not have to take a lot of time once you know what you are doing. Since many of your competitors are not going the extra mile to do this you can begin to increase your click-through rate in a short period of time.
Here are 5 Real Estate Search Engine Optimization Marketing Steps to Increase Your Rankings and Website Clicks:
1. Meta Tags: Many people do not use these invisible tags much any longer, but they are still powerful. When you are focusing on terms to attract buyers DO NOT focus on words like “Homes for sale” or “Realtor” be specific about the location you are working in. “Tempe AZ Realtor” or “Homes for Sale Portland OR” Will get you the targeted searchers you are seeking.
2. Domain Name: What is the name you want to choose for your website? This will be an important gateway by which you can increase your click through rates. If you have multiple sites have one optimized for your name and the other one should be related to your area of real estate and the niche you are focused on, such as Portlandluxuryhomes.com. This small change to your URL or website link will improve your visibility on the web for the people seeking these types of homes in your area.
3. Page Title: The title of your webpage should be specific keywords matching what you want people to buy from you. These are called long-tailed keyword phrases. These are phrases of 2 or more words in length andare the focal point of your website. For example: “Locate Luxury Homes in Portland using our Free MLS Search”. You can see that this optimized title tells the searcher exactly what they will find if they click on YOUR link. Search engines want to deliver quality information so this will help you rank higher in the search engines for “Portland Luxury Homes” . This is just the type of call to action that invites the user to click and search YOUR MLS listings.
4. Navigation Page Names: As you add more pages to your site it is important to create specific pages that are targeted to each area that you are selling in. By having pages that are only focused on one topic – “Tigard OR Homes” and the next page “Portland Or Homes”. By using a little marketing common sense you can drive the right people to the right pages on your site and deliver to them a great experience that translates into calls and hopefully sales for you.
5. Install Google Analytics: To know if your hard work is paying off install Google Analytics on your site. It is free and supplies you with invaluable information about your marketing efforts. It tells you where people are coming from that are clicking on your site. More importantly it tells you the phrases that are sending people to your site. Over time you can use these terms to really dominate all areas you want to rank your site for. You won’t be blind any more about if your marketing efforts online are working or not.
If you can take these steps to heart while you are working on your sites Real Estate search optimization marketing then you will experience marked changes in your click through rates and have more targeted buyers seeking you out.
This can of course be a time consuming process so if you would like to have an expert assist you with making your site the best it can be, please stop by our site https://www.realestateseopros.com and see what can offer you so that YOU can start improving your website and rankings.
<!-- You can start editing here. --> <!-- If comments are open, but there are no comments. -->