7 STEPS TO BECOMING A ROCK STAR REALTOR (STEP 2) (edit/delete)
STEP 2: Join An Existing Real Estate Team To Be Mentored
Feel free to review Step 1
Real estate is a game that cannot be played on your own. I honestly believe that a person just entering real estate needs to join an existing team for a minimum of two years to be trained correctly. Personally, I had fourteen years of corporate management experience. Then, I lost my job in February of 2002 due to 9/11 incident. I obtained my Arizona real estate license. Then, I was mentored for the next two years under an experienced Realtor. It was that mentoring that I obtained that allowed me to create my own real estate team and later my own real estate company. www.DeliaTeam.com
WE ARE THE BEST REAL ESTATE TEAM!
Here are the my Top 10 Reasons for joining a Real Estate Team:
- Being mentored to be a Great Agent
- Set up realistic marketing plan to brand
- Leads are available at 50/50 split
- Cutting edge systems available
- Online presence
- Support and able to ask questions to better understand real estate to avoid mistakes
- Training and Daily/Weekly Meetings
- Set up a realistic financial budget
- Learn how to write contracts and make offers on properties
10 Questions To Ask Before Joining A Real Estate Team
- Please tell me how I will be mentored by you.
- Have you mentored anyone besides me? If yes, then I would like to call them about their experience with you as being their mentor.
- Please explain in detail about the real estate education classes that you offer at this time.
- Are leads available for new Realtors like myself.
- Please explain the commission splits structure with me.
- How are the other team members? Please tell me more about each team member in more detail.
- Do you invest in real estate?
- How much are the start up costs?
- What is your overall marketing plan for the Real Estate Team?
- How can I make money?
TWO WAY STREET
The new agent must obtain the education before making the big money. I could have made more money in the short term. However, I was on a 70/30 split with my mentor. The knowledge that I obtained from him was priceless. I made sure I got as much as possible since I felt like I was paying for it on each transaction. Being mentored by someone is a two way street. The new real estate agent will need to put forth effort and ability to be successful over the next two years. I have many agents come to me asking me to mentor them. I turn many of them away because they are LAZY. They do not want it bad enough. My time is valuable so I only pick the best agent. If someone has the drive and ability, then I will mentor them.
WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
Real estate is a long term commitment. One will continually learn new things in the real estate market. Being on a real estate team will be the best experience.
MY NEXT POST WILL BE STEP 3 USING THE RIGHT TOOLS IN REAL ESTATE
Feel free to review Step 1
Make the Call, Set the Plan, Do the Deal$!
Feel free to listen to my Radio Show to learn more about the phoenix real estate market, new trends, and the latest opportunities. The Real Estate and Beyond Radio Show Airs every Saturday from Noon-2:00pm on Conservative Newstalk KKNT 960am in Phoenix, Arizona. You can listent to past shows, or stream on-line.
Phoenix Real Estate Resource Center
Follow Me On: