Ever have one of those things happen, when you've been working & working forever to try & get something to work & for the life of you, it won't? Well, today was NOT that day for me! I finally got my email sending to work!!! My entire office couldn't help but hear the shouts (literally) of joy coming from my cubicle when it got fixed. OH HAPPY DAY!!!
So in the KW spirit of sharing, I wanted to give a brief instruction of how to get your Palm Pre phone sending emails. This may work for you if you have a different type of phone, but I have been tryingso hard to figure out how to do the Pre, that I figure there's got to be other people out there like me searching google.com on how to do this & getting no results! :) Obviously this is if you phone supports data plans & can send/receive emails...:
- Turn on the phone - DUH!
- Open the email application
- Open Preferences/Accounts (on the Pre you tap the top right hand corner & it will show the option)
- Click/Tap/Press Add an account
- Enter your email address & password
- Give the account a name & complete the rest of the profile
- Create a new signature if desired
- Type in the email address you want replies going to.
- Turn on Sync deleted emails (this will save you MAJOR time in your inbox!!)
- Choose how many days of email you want to see & how often you want to sync
If you get your emails on your laptop, you can cheat & make this much easier, if not, it can be tricky because you will HAVE to have some setting information from your email provider:
- ON THE COMPUTER: Open your email (I use Outlook 07) and click on Tools>Account settings. Choose the account you want to sync with in your computer. Double click to open it, then make sure you can see whether you have a POP or STMP email account.
- ON THE PHONE: Choose your mail type (POP or STMP)
- ON THE PHONE: Enter your incoming mail server (found in the settings on the computer or from your company tech person/support)
- ON THE PHONE: Enter your user name & password (what you usually use to log in to this account from your computer)
- ON THE PHONE: Enter the Port number the email is sent with (found on the computer - see section below if you can't find it)
- ON THE PHONE: Enter any encryption (I personally have it set to NONE)
To find your outgoing server information: (Here's where I messed up & it's CRITICAL if you want to be able to SEND emails!)
- ON THE COMPUTER: In Outlook, on your Internet Email settings account window click on the button that says MORE SETTINGS.
- ON THE COMPUTER: It will open a smaller Internet Email settings window. Click on the tab that says Outgoing Server. This will give you the information you will need for the phone.
- ON THE PHONE: Enter your Outgoing Mail Server (STMP)
- ON THE PHONE: Turn off or on Authentication (username & password) I have mine ON
- ON THE PHONE: Enter username & password (NOT THE SAME AS INCOMING MAIL SERVER!!! Can you tell this is where I made a mistake?)
- ON THE COMPUTER: Go back to that smaller Internet Email settings window. Click on the tab that says Advanced. Here you will see the port numbers for both incoming & outgoing emails. It will also tell you if your server required an encrypted connection.
- ON THE PHONE: Enter port number (again, NOT the same as incoming)
- ON THE PHONE: Choose correct encryption
- SAVE ALL YOUR NEW SETTINGS! :) If you have a Pre, it is a swipe of your finger from right to left over the button at the bottom. This saves your settings & you should now be able to send & receive emails!
If you have read through all this - Wow! I'm amazed! Hopefully it will help you. I also just thought doing a blog about how to do this would help a lot if someone else wants to know how & I am the one that forgets. :)
Keep in mind this is just how I figured it out to send kw.com emails and may or may not work with your phone or email. I can't be responsible for it working or not if you attempt it. I probably can't troubleshoot with you either because of distance & I'm a kind of, trial & error learning kinda girl. :)