Just a couple of quick follow-ups to this week's REBarcamp-Seattle. Thank you to Zillow for putting together the event. With the number of attendees well over 300, there was lots of enthusiasm and sharing to go around.
If you missed it, I hosted two sessions:
- "How to REALLY Grab 'em" - We discussed specific strategies for internet and web marketing, reviewing agent and broker websites from across the country that have done a particularly nice job of successfully marketing on the web.
- "Beat the Headlines. Be the Local Market Expert." - This session was all about how to reach your buyers and sellers with local market stats to educate and inform. Lots of times we hear the headlines to the real estate story, but those headlines don't apply your client. Additionally, there are numerous market stats that you can use - it's more than just price to communicate effectively. Some examples include looking at inventory trends, days-on-market by price zone, the price of new listings coming into the market, and more.
If you're not in the Seattle area, be sure to find a REBarcamp close to you. Yes, they are worth taking a day from your business even if you have to drive a couple of hours! We've been huge supporters of the movement, attending as many as possible. It's a great concept that the real estate industry has needed.
And finally, if you're not familiar with us here at Altos Research, well, you should be! We help agents answer that question you get every day - "How's the market?" Our subscriptions and solutions for real estate agents are designed to help you keep your prospects, leads, and clients up-to-date with the latest market data with:
- Real-time, automated data on your website
- Automatic lead generation and lead capture tools for your website
- Personally-branded market reports for your meetings and drip marketing
(Yes, it's cool stuff!)