Here are a few tips to keep in mind when you put your home up for sale with a Realtor and you agree to leave a lock box on your home for easy access to other Realtors and their buyers. I know it is hard and challenging to keep your home presentable at all times when it is on the market because you never know when you will get a phone call about a client who wants to view your home. Before leaving your home at any time be sure to do the following daily:
- Make all of your beds.
- Wipe down all bathroom sinks, toilets and spray shower doors.
- Pick up clothes, toys, shoes and stuff off of the floors and put them away where they belong.
- Take the trash out.
- If you have a cat - clean the litter box. If you have a dog be sure to secure them outside, take them with you or put them in a room.
- Wash dishes, spray and wipe down counter tops and remove excess food from your range/cook top.
- Be sure that your air fresheners are working well. I like to recommend the oil scents that you plug in but do not overdo it.
- Turn on ceiling fans to circulate air.
- Turn on some lights to highlight rooms, example: kitchen, bathrooms and family rooms.
Here are some tips to do once a week on your day off:
- Mop and polish all floors.
- Clean the outside of all appliances.
- Wipe down all cabinets and counters in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Scour and polish all sinks in the home.
- Clean windows and mirrors from fingerprints and smudges.
- Organize mail, magazines and bills that came in the mail.
- Spruce up the outside of you home.
Here are some tips to do monthly:
- Clean out refrigerator.
- Dust mini blinds.
- Vacuum or wash curtains.
- Replace filters to keep air ducts clean.
- Organize closets, pantries, laundry areas, sheds, garages.
I hope these lists will help you in some way. If you are in the market to sell or purchase a home, please give me the opportunity to interview with you first before making your decision. I offer a lot of free information on my website including free use of the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and Market Snapshot which gives you all the statistics of any neighborhood you are interested in along with schools, churches, what has sold and what is on the market and for how much. Please take the opportunity to visit my site at: www.ForSaleByStory.com