A haunted castle, 600 fellow gouls and goblins, killer live dance band, fabulous prizes and a great cause -- the 3rd Annual Great Pumpkin Charity Ball is shaping up to be the best ever! Get your tickets now or forever dig your grave. Net proceeds this year go to the Ottawa chapter of the Canadian Cancer Society.
* GRAND PRIZE: Gorgeous leather chair from Polanco Furniture ($2899)
* Live Band: 52 Gigs Rock’n’roll Dance Band and DJ "Sound Syndicate"
* Big Party: 600 people; 2 levels -- sweet!
* Theme: "Anything Goes" and we mean "Anything Goes"
* Costume Prizes: Prizes for best, funny, sexy and scary costume
* Silent Auction: Great prizes to bid on -- bring that wallet!
* Cool Stuff: 50/50draw, Snacky-Snacks, Sovenier Photo Booth
by Janna Glenn Photograpy; Tarot card readings by Dragon's Dream
(153 York St. 613-1638)
* Tickets: $20 (Buy NOW as this event will obviously sell out)
* Venue: St. Brigid's, 310 St. Patrick St. at Cumberland in the Byward Market
-- new home of the Ottawa Celtic Society.
* The Only Rule: DO NOT STAND ON THE PEWS (St. Brigid owners request)
* Booze: Cash Bar (cheap drinks; must be 19 or over to attend)
* Drive You AND Your Vehicle Home: Responsible Choice 613-248-0444.
Great Pumpkin Ball
Date: October 30, 2009
Location: St Bridget's Cathedral