That is a direct quote from a Realtor I met on Friday.
When I asked him how much time he spent on Twitter before making that generalization he told me that he signed up, typed in what he was doing, and no one ever responded and he NEVER got any leads from Twitter. So I guess it must be true!
The reality is that Social Networking (including Twitter) is the best tool to come along for Realtors since the Website. Do you remember the agents who said, "I don't need a website, this Internet thing won't last"! When those agents snubbed their noses at websites and the Internet, the early adopters got all the good URLs, established themselves with the Search Engines, and reaped the benefits of good search engine rankings while the nay-sayers played catch up.
For those that don't know, Twitter is like a bull horn on steroids. A tool you can use to get your message out to the entire world, and all this for free. Caveat that by saying that I DO NOT recommend you use it as a bull horn, but I've already beat that horse dead in my blog post, How in the heck do you use Twitter for business?
For this post, I want to go in a different direction and address what everyone WANTS to know. How has Twitter translated directly into dollars and opportunities? Well, here it is, as a DIRECT RESULT of using Twitter, I have benefited in the following ways:
- I have been featured not once, but twice in local newspapers. This resulted in free publicity that I would otherwise never have received, and I have 2 new clients because of it. These clients will continue to use my services well into the future.
- I am completely in touch with business & networking events in my area that I would otherwise have never known about. I have made excellent business alliances and some darn good new friends at these events.
- I am completely in the loop with most technology seminars that are occurring around the country. Some of the greatest minds in using New and Social Media are speaking in your backyard and you don't know it because they don't have to advertise. They get large audiences by getting the word out in Social Networking circles.
- I have been approached by several business owners to partner in new endeavors that I would have never had the opportunity to meet, if it had not been for Twitter.
- Some people I know have been invited to speak about Twitter on NPR, they have been featured in the Wall Street Journal, television shows, and the like. All this publicity, and all of it free.
- Can you put a value on friendship? Think the concept of a "Tweet-up" (a place where Twitter users meet in real life) is ridiculous? I have met some wonderful people at these Tweet-ups. All very intelligent, and most of them business owners - all congregating for the purpose of networking and finding new ways to help each other be even more successful. Yeah - that's stupid! NOT!
So, to those of you who say, I don't have the time for Twitter, and Twitter is stupid - You are entitled to your opinion, but I have to tell you - there's a (social) revolution going on, and a fundamental shift in how we market to the masses, and you just might be missing it. If you want to learn how to use Twitter for Business, check out my Twitter Made Easy for Business Video series by clicking here BTW - it won't cost you anything either.
------------ ----------------------- ----------------------- -------------------- ---------------------- ---------
©2009 - AmazingVideoTours.com - All Rights Reserved. Amazing Video Tours offers photography and full motion video marketing solutions to Realtors, and other individuals with property to sell, lease, or rent. A departure from the old fashion 360 Virtual Tour, Amazing Video Tours takes online property marketing to the next level.