First time homebuyers are eligible for the Live in Logan Grant. The Live in Logan Grant is sponsored by Logan City and the $7,500 grant is available to first-time homebuyers looking to move to Logan that qualify. The money can go toward a down payment or closing costs.
A “first time homebuyer” is defined as someone who has not owned a home in the past three years, those who currently own a trailer that is not on a permanent foundation, those who lease or own a condominium, and/or are a displaced spouse. The requirements for this grant are:
- Be a first time home buyer
- Earn no more than 80% of the HUD median for Cache County
- Have certain debt to income ratios
- Attend a First Time Home Buyer Workshop (the one in Cache County is provided by the Utah State University Family Life Center
- Apply at least $500 of your own funds to the purchase of the home
- Buy a single family residence within Logan city limits
On top of an $8,000 government tax credit for first time homebuyers, this is a great opportunity! If you would like more information about this unique program please give me a call at (435) 757-5533. If you’re looking for a home visit my Web site to search Logan Utah homes for sale. There is a map with all the homes for sale in Logan, Utah. You can also send me an e-mail at mike@LoganHomeFinder.com.
Mike Whitesides, Realtor, Market Edge Real Estate, Logan, Utah (435) 757-5533.