Carbon County realtors this was a great post, this is really the emotions we go through everyday!
1) I love when a buyer finds their dream home.
I hate when a buyer is too picky to ever find their dream home.
2) I love when a seller receives a good purchase offer.
I hate when a seller rejects a good purchase offer out of emotion, spite or need for conflict.
3) I love when a buyer/seller chooses to work with me.
I hate when a prior client lists their home with a different Realtor.
4) I love when I have a closing and get a fat commission check.
I hate when I work with a seller/buyer for a long time and get jack sh*t.
5) I love when a prepared buyer flies into town and gets a home under contract within a few days.
I hate when a buyer flies into town and wants me to play tour guide of several Sarasota houses and does not buy - ever.
6) I love when a buyer comes to town to see if they like Sarasota before they look at property.
I hate when a buyer comes to town and wants to see houses prior to finding out if they like Sarasota.
7) I love when a seller is realistic about the value of their home.
I hate when a seller is unrealistic about the value of their home and ignores logic as to the reasons why.
8) I love when a seller realizes that open houses aren't that useful for selling homes.
I hate when a seller thinks an open house will somehow counteract their high asking price.
9) I love when a buyer doesn't spend too much time in a house they know they won't buy.
I hate when a buyers knows within the first few minutes of seeing a home that it won't work for them, however they spend the next 15 minutes visualizing placement of their furniture or critiquing the house.
10) I love when a buyer says, "I don't want to look at any short sales."
I hate when a buyer says, "I'm only interested in short sales."
11) I love when a seller thinks that a competing home for sale in their area is better than theirs when it really is.
I hate when a seller thinks they have the absolute best property for sale in the area when it isn't even close.
12) I love when a buyer prefers to see houses during the week so I can take weekends off with my family.
I hate when a buyer only wants to meet on weekends (nature of the business).
13) I love when buyers drive by homes and communities before making an appointment to see a home they viewed on the internet.
I hate when a buyer makes an appointment to see a home and afterwards says, "I would never buy in this neighborhood."
14) I love when a buyer pays cash.
I hate when a prospect asks about lease options or lease purchases because they don't have enough money for a downpayment.
15) I love being able to vent and share war stories on Activerain.
I hate the need to vent about the real estate business.
Marc Rasmussen selling Sarasota real estate. Visit www.LuxurySarasotaRealEstate.com.