Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
In the world of Social Media Marketing, which by the end of 2010 will simply be referred to as marketing, all professionals should have at least a few methods to connect to their database and future clientele in a responsible and ethical way.
There are so many applications and sites. The point isn't to use them all (or sign up and not use them). The point is to use a few WELL.
Here are some of the latest tools that have or I feel will really impact the way we use social media and market ourselves or simply stay connected with friends family and clients.
1. Facebook - with the addition of Fan Pages, we are now able to separate business from pleasure. Set up a fan page for your business, post the fan badges that are available to you on your other profiles or on your website. Connect the fan page updates to Twitter.
2. Twitter - 'Twitter is now the second-youngest of the top four social networking sites. Its median age is 31. MySpace's is 26, LinkedIn is 39, and, Facebook is 33" (according to www.readwriteweb.com (RWW)). In general, we are seeing a better Twitter uptake over the past year. As per RWW, 37% of those 18-24 now use Twitter when only 19% did back in December 2008. The 25-34 year olds, a some of whom could still be considered Gen Y, 31% are now using the service compared to only 20% in December of last year. Combined, these two groups account for more than half of Twitter's network. WOW!!
When you consider the buying power of these two groups, you may want to consider becoming a "Twit"! Not to mention, the RT revolution is here. RT (or retweeting) will make it so much easier to spread the word. Caution! What happens on Twitter stays on Twitter. Make sure you are responsible with your comments. Remember the Golden Rule. Sadly there are agents out there that don't realize that clients are everywhere on the web, "My client is a pain in the butt" is NOT good PR, much less a professional way to work Twitter. "Having a hard time finding a 3br/3ba house near Main Street. Can you help?" - much better way to interact and still vent a little. Not to mention you will most likely connect with someone else that wants to help!
3. Posterous - upload to Social Media Sites in an easy way. Converts video and makes photo uploads even easier to work with. With video becoming so important, this is a great application to learn and take advantage of. You simple email what you want to post and Posterous does it for you. If you have an iPhone you can also download the Posterous app for free.
4. Google Chrome - Google Chrome has changed my life in the sense it saves me time. It is much faster that IE and makes browsing easier by loading your designated pages at start up, you can also search faster within a site or page. Plus, being a visual person, I get a kick out of the themes and experiments.
5. Jott.com - on the run all the time? www.Jott.com allows for safety first when you are in the car getting your great ideas as your drive around. You are able to convert voice to text and upload that information to your blogs or social media sites. Not only that, but you can convert your voicemails to text to discreetly keep up when in a meeting along with other great tools to make life easier and stay connected.
Neat stuff, isn't it? Now there may be a few that are still skeptical, thinking social media is just a fad. Watch this video and get ready to be blown away by how social media is changing our world.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.