You have a goal…great! But do you know how you'll reach that goal? If you get in your car to drive somewhere that you've never been before, what's the chance you'll get there without a map or directions or a GPS? Or if you go online to buy a pair of running shoes for your sister but you don't know what brand or size she wears, what's the chance that those shoes will have to be returned?
You get the idea – if you don't plan first, you probably will have trouble achieving even the simplest of goals. But when you have the four pieces of goal achievement lined up, you can't miss.
- Know what you want – identify and visualize your goals.
- Have a why – internalize the payoff that will come with reaching your goals. When you truly feel that desire, the price to achieve the goal becomes almost effortless.
- Make your plan – know what actions you need to take on a daily and weekly basis to realize your goals. Without a plan, you can become sidetracked. Get out your calendar and create the structure and control that will make your plan work. “Control is knowing what you are thinking, where you are going and why at any given time.”
- Create the blueprint for action
- Identify the standards of behavior that you hold yourself to
- Establish the boundaries of behavior that you hold others to
- Take action – put your plan into action to move towards your goals
An essential part of a successful plan is standards, whether you are talking about a building or a real estate business. If you erect a high-rise building, there are building codes and community standards to be met. These are minimums; to stand the test of time, your building must meet the standards and even surpass them.
Real estate professionals also need high standards, and not only for professional and legal reasons. On a personal level, low standards lead to stress, more work, less income, and an unhappy situation all around. But that same real estate agent who has – and commits to – high standards, finds that work is easier, more fun, less work, pays better, and life is happier and healthier in every way.
Are you experiencing the outcomes you want? If not, maybe you need to raise your own standards and expect more of others as well as yourself. Everything in life has cause and effect. When you focus your energy on the things that will lead to major improvements in your business and life, then you'll see the power of planning and action. The higher your desire and the more the commitment, the more you BELIEVE you can, the quicker the results you want will happen.
Today would be a good day to start working on your plan, wouldn't it? One of the best ways to get on your success path is by playing The Real Estate Game®. It's time to start living the life of your dreams!
Patti Kouri, Accelerated Performance Coaching
Helping You Through Self-Made Limitations!
Will you Take My Challenge and increase your income? Here's what one student said:
"In 2006 I left REMAX and went to Prudential in West Chester OH. I was in a slump and Bob Daniel handed me $100 and told me to sign up for some Real Estate Game that Patti Kouri was conducting. It was the best money spent. Last year (2008) I did 100 transactions. It all began with you, Ms. Patti. My thanks." - Pamela Bensen