What an awesome post! In this current market and with all the new technology we certainly need to find every avenue to stand out from others in our industry.
Bruce and Liz
In order to set ourselves apart from our competition we have to have our own niche and areas of expertise in our profession. As Real Estate Industry Professionals we hold ourselves to higher standards and that is definitely NUMBER ONE in setting ourselves apart from ...."THE OTHERS".
Instead of focusing on ‘THE OTHERS' and their poor performance let's take a look at how each and every one of us CAN and WILL make a difference in the lives of all those we come in contact with in the Real Estate Industry.
- BEING A TEAM PLAYER - In this business we have to be able to work with others in different areas for the transaction to be a smooth one. We carry ourselves in higher esteem with a pleasant attitude and follow up with loan officers, escrow and title, home and termite inspectors and our clients. I'm a happy camper when ‘others' give me the same respect and pleasant attitude.
- BE AVAILABLE and RETURN CORRESPONDENCE - Answering my phone, returning calls and answering emails are definitely a big PLUS on my end. I am confident knowing my clients and other professionals are pleased when they can get a prompt response. I'm a happy camper when others are courteous and give me a prompt response as well.
- GET EVERTYTHING IN WRITING- This IS the best tool for not only CYA but also referring back to important ‘discussions'. After telephone conversations send an email reiterating the conversation. There is nothing better than written documentation with time/date stamped to refer back to since our memories are not the most reliable source of reference. I'm a happy camper when ‘others' are courteous and give me the same correspondence in return.
- ASK QUESTIONS AND GIVE FACTS- There is nothing worse than hearing someone give bogus information just to have an answer. Asking questions and giving factual information is a big plus. There's nothing worse than ruining your reputation for the sake of your ego. I'm a happy camper when I'm able to give the correct information and get the same in return.
- RESEARCH and CONTINUUING EDUCATION - Our Real Estate Industry is constantly changing with implementing new ideas for marketing, law changes, contract changes and all around market changes. Staying on top of our market, all areas of the industry and new, fresh ideas will keep us on top of the game. I'm a happy camper learning new things because that means I'm continuously growing and able to serve my clientele better.
- LISTENING IS KEY TO ALL COMMUNICATION - There is nothing worse than to just talk brag about yourself. If you want to show your expertise in real estate, then talk about what you can do for your client after listening to their need firsts. The client wants to hear what you can do to sell their property or find them their first home. THEY'RE a happy camper when they're trying to explain their wants and needs and you're LISTENING.
- CONFIDENT AND REAL- We all know that personalities usually have to click in order to have a professional or personal relationship. Being confident and real means we are true professionals who stand by our ethics and think in the best interests of everyone around us. WE KNOW OUR STUFF and do not puff up or disguise any bad situation. Everyone's a happy camper when they are given straightforward answers so they are able to make uniformed decisions.
These are just a few things that I set myself apart from the "OTHERS".
I am a Real Estate Industry Leader.
How about you?