Home Staging is the use of marketing and decorating techniques to create an environment & lifestyle that buyers want. When you put your house on the market it becomes a product, something for sell. For a product to sell, it has to be successfully marketed and that is where Home-A-Dress comes in. We want to create emotions and "Lifestyle Illusions" throughout the house so the buyers feel that they have to have what they see. We want them to think, “I want this house." And here is how we make that happen....
The 5 D's of a successfully staged home:
1. Digest – Room by room we will walk through and take note of our first impressions. What grabs us, what glares at us, and what gives to us a feeling of home?
2. De-Clutter – We will start packing things away in order to create a more open and spacious feel. People buy square footage.
3. De-personalize – In order for a buyer to feel at home, we must do-away-with the feeling of this being someone else’s home. We’ll therefore “de-personalize” the space while retaining its warmth.
4. Deep Cleaning – The dirty work is sometimes overlooked because you’ve lived here for so long. Let’s get rid of the buyers’ mental “repair list” by doing it ourselves.
5. Add Dram, Drama, Drama – We want to create the “WOW” factor. We will update the style so the buyers feel they are getting the latest and greatest. This is the main focus of our strategy.
Finding the focal points, we will emphasize what is great about the room and detract from the negative aspects. We build these connection points so the buyers subconsciously desire "this" house. By utilizing lighting and color, we make each room into a bright, warm, and inviting space that buyers will better respond to.
These 5 keys help us at Home-A-Dress create a warm and inviting atmosphere that will apeal to a broad market of potential homebuyers.