My 5 Most Viewed Blog Posts (and WHY)
Like many other Active Rainers, I have been reviewing my business for the past year and making decisions on how I plan to make it better for 2010. (BTW, I have decided that I will call it Twenty Ten. Not Two Thousand and Ten.) Part of my review has been to comb through my Active Rain posts, determine which ones have had the most action and why. I realize that "Action" isn't necessarily an indicator of a post that will further my business, but I think that there is value in the exercise.
5. SELLERS: How To Show Your Home For A Successful Sale Views 1756 - As I look through the posts with higher activity, I can see that the HOW TO posts with the appropriate key words and search phrases make up the bulk of the high scores. HOW TO's are easy to write in a fashion that allows search engines to find them without looking like they have been stuffed with keywords. Note to self, Write more How To posts in 2010.
4. I Have Looked Into My Crystal Ball And The Future Looks Green! Views 1777 - I have received several clients from the one post. I am told that it places high on the search engines for people searching for green, but I haven't been able to repeat the results for myself. Note to self, Sometimes accidents happen and provide positive results. The more you write, the more likely you are to have a Happy Accident!
3. Are Vegetable Gardens The New Granite Counter Tops?! A "Must Have?" Views 1822 - This one is interesting. It isn't even remotely optimized for any keywords or longtail phrases. I doubt that the Search Engines even know it was ever written! I believe that this one received most of its attention via word of mouth. I belong to a few local green groups who have passed it around. Note to self, Google isn't the only way to get people to your site.
2. Life at Ashley Manor - Why I Love Open Houses Views 2003 - I am so surprised that this ranked so high on the list. I wrote it while sitting in a model home. I didn't know anything about keywords. I just lamely piled them in and accented them with bold. BUT, I lucked out in the fact that I seem to be the only one who wrote about this neighborhood! Note to self, There is an advantage to writing about things that other people may overlook.
1. 2009 Clark County Parade Of Homes - What Goes Into A LEED Platinum Home? (More BOOTLEG photos!) Views 2337 - A huge part of this post's success is based on the keywords and longtail search phrases. There was a large amount of TV and radio coverage when the Clark County Parade of Homes was open. Viewers googled it and this post was on the front page of every one. Note to self, Be sure to take advantage of local events with media coverage!
When you choose us to handle your Vancouver WA real estate needs, you choose a team of realtors® who care about you and your family. Buying or selling a home is always more enjoyable when you work with professionals who will listen to your needs and who will work together with you to achieve your objective. We are very familiar with all types a real estate in Clark County and we specialize in Vancouver, Ridgefield and Battle Ground. We are also very experienced with new home and custom home construction having assisted several local builders in selling new neighborhoods in the Vancouver Washington area. Additionally, we have helped numerous families build their own Vancouver WA dream homes. We are dedicated to helping you make intelligent, informed decisions and to providing you with exceptional service. Go to www.ernw.org for more information. See our video here. This post written by Mark Hall all rights reserved. My 5 Most Viewed Blog Posts (and WHY)