Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
It's the binary lover's favorite day today! 01-01-10! Not only is the start of a new year, a new decade, but also hopefully the start of a NEW more positive real estate market. Ah, well, we can all hope.
The past few weeks have seen a number of ActiveRain bloggers post about the New Year / Goals / Turning over a new leaf. Here's a summary of my favorites..............................................................................
1. Carra Riley's Four Part post on GOALS is my absolute favorite goal-oriented series. If you haven't set your goals yet (shame!!!) there is still time. Start here... Don't avoid this crucial step in your path to success. By the way, I just discovered there's an entire GOAL SETTING 2010 channel here on AR. Who knew?
Carra's got a bright wit, and a tell-it-like-it-is approach. If you missed her COSMIC COW series (and book) you might want to join the COSMIC COW PIE group both here on ActiveRain and on Facebook. Read through her posts and you'll soon be saying, "It's not MY monkey!" and having everyone else stare at you like you're nuts. But repeat after me, It's not my monkey. It's not my monkey.
2. Want to know what the New Year might hold for real estate? Well I don't have a magic 8 ball, but John Mulkey made some 2010 Housing Predictions here and they will provide you with some good food for thought. What do you think? Is he right on, Rainers?
3. Let's try another post for predictions. AR Superstar Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman published her own list of 2010 Positive Predictions here. My favorite one is #10...My family will be happy and healthy, my business partners will be prosperous and my ActiveRain family will continue to connect and find their niche in this huge growing community ....ActiveRain Real Estate Network. Amen to that, Sally. Here's to all of us making a difference in 2010. Wouldn't that be a positive turn?
4. Steve Lloynd's post on Loon Mountain Coming Events for 2010 is a good reminde that we all need to post to Localism. It's the perfect inspiration to go out and get some hyperlocal google juice pumping to your site. I once had a member ask me why I post so many non-real estate posts here on AR. I post about local restaurants, coming events, and businesses. Why? Not for Rainers (although some seem to enjoy). No, it's all about getting out there to Localism, and ranking in the Google searches. When someone searches "schuylkill parcel locator" in google, looking for our county's real estate public records, guess who comes up FIRST? Me. And my post about how to use parcel locator. Bingo. Someone searching real estate records might need a Realtor someday, right? And I am "all over the place." My neighbor asked me recently "When I google Schuylkill County why is it that your face keeps popping up?" It was a serious question. He was boggled. I just smiled!!! So do like Steve did and post a 2010 coming events calendar. Someday maybe I'll visit your area and need it. But use it to draw readers to your site, and get name recognition. Enjoy the snow, Steve.
5. Need a KICK IN THE BUTT to motivate you to get off the couch this month? Read Christopher and Stephanie Somers' post here about Kick Starting your Career for 2010. The Somers' opened their own place in Philadelphia this past year and are FIRED UP and ready to Kick some Philly Butt. Just reading their post made me either want to sit down and make lists of marketing ideas for 2010, and plans to make changes in my brokerage firm. I met Chris and Stephanie in person at REBAR camp Atlantic City, and it is SO FUN to meet ActiveRainers in person. I saw them at the bar and walked up to them, and felt like I already knew them from reading their posts. Isn't that the best part of AR? The cameraderie and friendships? I've had "strangers" call me on the phone to ask me a question, and soon as they say "It's so-and-so from ActiveRain," it's an instant "warm call" (not cold call). I had someone call me last week who read an old blog of mine, about the software I use, and he was just calling to see if I'm still using it and if I'd recommend it to him. It moved from "stranger" asking a question to fellow Rainer who needed help. Instant rapport.
6. If you're a broker, please read this. Join me with cleaning house--your brokerage--and eliminating the bad eggs in our indsutry. Please. If you're not a broker, read it and if you agree, send it to your broker anyway. Only WE can change our industry, from the inside.
So here's to a FABULOUS 2010 for all of us. May it be prosperous, may our families all be healthy, may our businesses survive and thrive, and may we all have FUN with what we're doing. See you all in the Rain.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.