I wanted you all to be aware of the new improved streamlined guidelines for the "ActiveRain Photo Blogger Group."
There have been no major changes in the ActiveRainPhotoBlogger group guidelines except to streamline to make them easier to read and to follow by the group members. This photo blogger group does require a minimun number of words for a post to be included to this group. As a photoblogging group we are not just about photos. I have heard member's comment that they feel they are not that great at taking photos or that they use a point and shoot camera and didn't know if it was the right group for their photo story. YES, this is the right group, we are all about photo stories and not just about that fabulous ( or not) photo or your photography skills.
We welcome all ActiveRain members to this group. Remember, you could take an average quality photo and still be awarded our group's AWARD of MERIT because of the quality of the photo story and your presentation.
And for those that have not yet seen our awards, they are pretty cool looking. As moderators of the group, we add the award in your comment section and include instructions for you to add the ribbon award to the top of your post for all to see.
(these ribbon awards of merit appear smaller than they will appear in your post)
The new streamlined guidelines as they now appear:
Welcome to the ActiveRain Photo Blogger Group.
We have 2 rules that must be adhered to:
1. A minimum of 50 words used to describe the story within the photo. NOT to include the signature or personal information.
* ActiveRain has a requirement for it's posts that receive points toward a members standing,
that it contain no less than 50 words along with any photo, video or slide show.
We adhere to that Policy.
2. All photos used for post in this group must be your own unless it is photo of you.
Goals for this group would include:
1. To provide a home for a type of photo journalism ( photo story ) that would present your photos in its Best presentation form.
2. Present your own unique photos that inspire, images that inform, images that excite ,images that would
enhance our cities and communities by telling a story and in positive ways contribute to the
enjoyment and enlightenment of our respective readers.
3. You will be encouraged to use the resources we share in the group posts to add your brand, name or copyright markings to
all of your photos.
* Photos, videos, or slide show presentations with no minimum word description will regretfully
be deleted from the group.
* The type of photos that are not suitable would include, obscene, offensive, or photos that would
depict personages in any manner deemed derogatory. We have full decision powers over what is
obscene, offensive or deemed derogatory and our decision as it pertains to this group shall prevail.
Those posts will be deleted from this group.
Group Founder: William Johnson
Group Administrator: Debi Boucher
Group Adviser: Brad Andersohn
Group Moderator: Myrl Jeffcoat
Group Moderator: Andrea Swiedler
Group Moderator: Michael Thornton
Group Moderator: Michael Jones
Welcome experienced members and new and we actively invite your participation in the ActiveRain Photo Blogger Group.