One of my resolutions is to blog more frequently. Toward that end, I thought I would kick off the new year of blogging with a note to myself. Where better to list my real estate resolutions for the year then right here so I can frequently refer back to them and laugh at myself. Read it as upgrades to a business plan or just musings on hoe to improve my business this year. Whatever. Here is my plan.
1. Create a list of those I need to take better care of. I am aiming for about 50 to start. I'll keep you posted. These folks will start to receive more communication, love and support. Also, occasional gifts. The Top 50 (as I am calling them) will need to be close friends, and past clients that I genuinely enjoy spending time with and will refer business to me throughout the year.
2. Start studying for my brokers license. With the rules changing in July I thought I would get my brokers license this spring. I have already started studying. So far I am about 11 units into the 84 I need to complete before I can sit for the exam. With sample testing and classes I hope to be a broker by mid spring.
3. Improve my web site. I currently have a company site. Its awful. Nothing distinctive about it. I would love to have one site that is the nexus of my RE world. I would like it to have links to twitter, Facebook, show blog posts and have a kick ass (can I say that on AR?) search feature. Instead of having multiple blogs and a web site, I would like it all in one place. (any suggestions for great web designers would be greatly appreciated)
4. Commit to separation of work and home. As much as possible, I want to devote a complete work day at the office and be able to walk away when I am home. Easier said then done in our business, but I as least need to do a better job of trying.
5. Brand myself. I would like to come up with a logo and look for all my marketing and web site. I'd ultimately like it to be seemless between all my marketing, cma's and web presence. One look one goal.
Ok, that's enough for now. Feel free to leave me your own comments on what you hope to accomplish this year. I'd love to hear them.
Talk to you soon,