Internet Lead Conversion - the TOP TWO ways to succeed !!!!
Internet leads seem to create polar opposite opinions with regards to their value.
Having used and converted many of these leads over the years, here is just one BritishAgent's opinion as to how to approach Internet Leads for the best chance of success !
To make working with Internet Leads a worthwhile venture, you need the following 3 things:
A Lead Source - A company to supply the leads
A Contact Management System - A database to store, track and communicate with the leads
- A PERSONAL COMMITMENT !
The Lead Source can make a huge difference in your success rate. Its true !!
Not all Internet Lead sources are created equally !
It's important that you know that and choose wisely, but there is no debate about that statement itself and here's why.
- Some Internet Lead Providers are set up so you pay monthly for a guaranteed amount of leads to be sent to you per month. Some are set up where you only pay per lead. Some are free through your brokerages !
- Of these, some are set up where you are NOT the EXCLUSIVE AGENT on them - they may be sent to 3 to 5 other agents (or more !) who could ALL be working the same client hoping they'll choose to work with you. Some you ARE the ONLY AGENT that the lead is sent to.
- Some are sent to multiple agents, but the fastest agent to accept the lead becomes the exclusive agent. ("First in Wins" theory !") and that agent then receives the full details and contact info for that lead.
- The prices can vary DRAMATICALLY. For example some are $99/6 leads, $150/12 leads, and some are $50 or more per lead !
So as you can see, there are different types of lead source, and you need to choose one that fits your gameplan and goals !!!
Your Contact Management System (CMS) is your Personal Assistant without a heartbeat !!
Yes, think how valuable "Kitt" was to Knight Rider, and you'll start to understand what I mean. Again, this is important to understand, and your CMS will be a key part of your success, as I will outline below !
Like the Lead Sources, there are a plethora (love that word) of different types of CMS to help your Customer Relationship Management (CRM). A few of the most recognized are below - although there are many more:
- and even your trusty old "Outloook" program !
What these programs do is allow you to stay organized and automate a lot of customer processes. These can include documenting phone conversations, emails and customer notes, setting up drip campaigns, scheduling appointments and calendar alerts, and organizing customer information in an easy-to-read, easy-to-access format to make your client management more efficient.
Which one is the best ?? (I love this question and I have heard it for years !)
Answer: WHICHEVER ONE YOU ARE USING !!!!!!!! ... just use the darn thing efficiently !!!!!!
... I cant take full credit for that line, as I heard it time and time again from the many seminars I have attended on CRMs !!!
Yes some of them have different features and layouts, but they all have essentially the same basic abilities - they allow you to keep on top of the things you are supposed to do to stay in touch with clients, and keep records of your relationships and history with them.
The fact is that MOST PEOPLE TRY THEM HALF-HEARTEDLY AND DONT USE THEM EFFICIENTLY AND CONSISTENTLY !
Me ? I tried each one of those I listed above. I'll tell you my personal choice below.
And lastly, COMMITMENT !!!!
Not that this one really needs explanation, BUT !!! it's like the old "New Year's Resolution Syndrome" if you dont make a SERIOUS EMPHATIC COMMITMENT to your goal - more often than not, you will not achieve what you desire.
In this case -
IF YOU DO NOT COMMIT 100% TO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD IS NEEDED TO HAVE THE BEST CHANCE TO CONVERT INTERNET LEADS - THEN GIVE IT UP - NO-ONE IS THAT LUCKY THAT THEY CAN HALF-ASS GIVE LESS THAN 100% AND BE SUCCESSFUL WITH INTERNET LEADS ON A CONSISTENT BASIS !
... you must Commit - or you should Quit !!!
(I've been listening to too much Johnny Cochran me thinks !?!?!?!)
"So What Are The TOP TWO Ways To Succeed Of Which You Speak Mr BritishAgent ????"
...I'm getting there
In my first year using Internet Leads I converted and CLOSED 5 deals just from Internet leads ! That may not sound like much in a year, but the majority of people I have spoken to who used Internet Leads for a year closed ZERO from those leads - and all thought the process sucked !
When I talked to them further and asked how they were handling the leads - I then understood why they closed ZERO from those leads.
... they didnt get it !
OK, here are my TOP TWO tips to succeed with Internet Leads !
- The MOST IMPORTANT action is SPEED OF RESPONSE !
- And second was understanding the old adage that it is a NUMBERS GAME !
First: Speed of Response:
- Why important ? Because Internet consumers are extremely savvy shoppers who need quick responses and instant service !!!! They expect information at their fingertips, and then to be able to take their time to examine the information and respond when they are ready. There has been in-depth research which shows that consumers are MUCH more likely to work with an agent who responds within no more than 24hrs. SPEEDY RESPONSE SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASES YOUR CHANCES OF CLOSING A TRANSACTION WITH INTERNET CONSUMERS !!!
Second: It's a Numbers Game:
- We've all heard this over and over, but it is rarely more evident than when working Internet Leads ! You cant expect to 'cherry pick' and hit a home run with each 'cherry' ! Some of the least likely leads close unexpectedly. And some that seem so keen and ready, could eventually amount to nothing ! They key is to be a CONSISTENT MACHINE !!! If you are going to give these leads a try, dont expect to buy 1 or 2 leads per month and convert 10 out of 12 for the year !!!! Try 10 or 12 leads per month - treat every lead with the same importance - respond quickly to every one, and do it religiously !
If you COMMIT 100% to these 2 principles, AND use the 3 key points I outlined at the top of this blog, you WILL give yourself the best chance to convert Internet Leads.
The CRM that I use is MarketLeader. I swear by this database program. I tried Top Producer, Goldmine, Act! and a number of others, but kept coming back to the user-friendly MarketLeader - I still use it and love it.
When I first started with the program, I also used it's JustListed company for my Lead Source, and MarketLeader tracked my SPEED OF RESPONSE to those leads.
I MAINTAINED A ZERO HOUR AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR THAT ENTIRE FIRST YEAR !
... and I received 122 leads that year.
What a "Zero Hour Response Time" means is that my average time to make a contact with a new lead was LESS THAN ONE HOUR !
... in many cases I was in contact with them in just minutes after their inquiry, as I had the alert texted to me immediately with their info !
Now "Contact" didnt always mean I spoke to them, but if there was a phone number I called it - if there wasnt, they got an email - within minutes.
Virtually ALL the leads I ended up working with over the years said they chose to work with me because I got back to them ! - and QUICKLY !!!!!
... that type of Zero Hour response took a lot of work, but paid off with closings each year when others just thought the leads 'sucked' !
... I even got an article written on my early achievement ...
There are many ways to approach opportunities, but from all the conversations I have had over the years regarding Converting Internet Leads - the TWO KEY TIPS I have highlighted in this blog have served me very well !
Cheers & Good Luck All !!
For other methods of converting internet leads, be sure to check out giftofshift.com/activerain where you can purchase a limited edition hardcover of Gary Keller's book SHIFT, which comes with a free version of the eBook Soci@l: Attract Friends, Followers and Connections to Your Business, written by Ben Kinney and Jay Papasan (in which Ben shares his 'ten days of pain' lead conversion method) as well as free audio versions of Millionaire Real Estate Agent and Millionaire Real Estate Investor all for $19.99.
Follow Sheldon on these sites below !