Groups are smaller communities within the larger ActiveRain. Join groups created by others. or start your own and
get others to join
This is the place to view the past and present contests put on by ActiveRain and its members. Everyone can join the
group and help encourage each other. Current contest will be highlighted posts so it's easy for you all to see. Let it
Curious as to what others in your profession think about a certain product or tool?
AR's community takes the time to leave honest and transparent reviews of their experiences
so you can be a bit wiser about your purchase.
Broken down by categories and subcategories for easy finds
Get an unfiltered look at what real users are saying
Leave a review yourself for others to benefit from
Add new products as you use them and gain points for doing so
ActiveRain University (ARU) provides free on-line training. We coach, consult and support real estate professionals about real estate trends, technology and social media.
ARU Calendar provides class types and registration links
Watch short tutorials on updating your photo, inserting a hyperlink and much more
Sign up for the Daily Drop so you don't miss out on AR's daily happenings
Find answers to most FAQ's
Whatever it is you're into and wherever you are, AR surely has a group for you to join.
Brand, off the wall, specific subject matters…whatever it is you're looking for.
Each time you write a post you can syndicate your post to 5 groups.
And if by chance you don't find what you're looking for, start a new group today!
Get your content in front of more eyes
Search by location or type
Feel free to start your own group
Find some that are close to home and close to heart
Each month AR runs numerous contests as a way for our members to engage in activities
that will boost their business and increase their visibility in the community and beyond.
Earn points by partaking in these contest and climb the leaderboard
Do what's good for you and your business by participating
If you have an idea for a contest, just let us know
Stay motivated and on track with new contests popping up each month
Ask a Real Estate Question
Here's another avenue for you to build relationships with others. Share your expertise with someone searching for answers.
Play the teacher role and help someone out today
Your Homepage will alert you of new questions in your state
A wonderful way to open a door to a possible new client
Ask a question yourself to get help
These state pages or hyper-local pages provide content directly related to a specific geographical location.
State, County, City and Neighborhood pages make it easy for consumers to find what they're looking for.
Post your listings, school information, local events, market reports and more
Consumers peruse these pages for information
Farm your niche market and cover all the happenings in your neighborhood
Need More Qualified Buyers? Win More Desirable Listings...
What is the difference between winning a highly desirable listing and taking a listing because you believe, “what do I have to lose?” The answer is “everything.” Buyers do not shop agents, brands or information. They shop for properties and in turn, desirable listings attract high quality buyers. Winning those listings legitimizes you and drives momentum to your business. Conversely, a listing taken because you felt you had nothing to lose often results in regret because of the money and time it cost you.
So how do you win desirable listings? Here are six simple but fundamental keys. For the purpose of this post, we are going to assume you have already qualified the seller’s motivation prior to the listing appointment and have all the decision makers present.
The Six Keys
1. Preparation - Perform preliminary research regarding the property. It’s all out there: tax records, Zillow, Google, and your MLS. You can find everything you need to sound informed about the property. Drive by the property and take pictures from the street. Use this information to create a prelisting package:
step-by-step marketing plan
comparable marketing analysis
role during the sales process
value and explanation of proper pricing
sold properties and/or testimonials
2. Confidence - Knowledge builds confidence. Proper preparation will allow you to present confidently, but you must also earn the prospect’s confidence. You accomplish this by educating them on the home-selling process - from agreement, pricing, MLS listing, marketing feedback, agreed price reductions if necessary, to the close. Show visuals and be succinct. This process naturally substantiates your prelisting package. For information on the best ways to present to different personalities, read our previous post.
3. Competence - You have two jobs. The first is a fiduciary responsibility to advise, consult, educate and guide. This is where you explain what you control, what the seller controls, and what neither of you controls. The seller controls the price and how the property shows, its condition and availability. Neither of you can control the market conditions, competition, nor what the market is willing to pay for the home. Your second job is a functionary role to lead generate, build value, sell, negotiate, maintain compliancy and ensure the close.
4. Pricing: The truth is that no tactic… no guru’s bullet proof promise, no genius coach’s script, and no secret marketing system will ever produce results as effectively as simply pricing the property correctly. To accomplish correct pricing, you must be able to properly convey to the seller that it does not matter what they paid, or need, or want; it does not matter what another agent says. All that matters is what the buyer universe will pay for their property. To receive the highest possible price for their property, timing is everything. If you initially list too high, you may never have an opportunity to reach that universe of buyers that would have paid a premium for your property. If you list too high in a descending market—this will most definitely cost you money.
5. Execution - This is how we perform the home selling process: the tools we use and what separates us from our competitors. This is the most important step of the process. Do you really want this listing? Then show the prospect some unique tools. Some to consider are:
Call-Capture IVR- Take the information that you learned about the property and create a sample recording, upload the pictures you took of the outside of the property, and add the text descriptions. Take a sample sign rider with you and have the seller call it; show them the call detail of how you capture every lead. Emphasize that every lead receives a follow-up call from you or a member of your team. Sellers want to sell their home for the highest possible price and this is accomplished by following up with every lead.
Single Property Site- a personal touch that conveys to sellers, “your property is special enough for its own website.” Buy the property address before you go on the listing presentation and create a site: see www.211bartonsprings.com. Don’t just type in the URL, Google it to demonstrate your online marketing expertise.
Virtual Flyer- Create a mock-up of the property brochure and add it to your pre-listing package. Make sure to include the single property website and Call Capture number so they can visit them afterwards, and email them another copy immediately after leaving.
6. Commission - Nine times out of ten you will have to address your commission. Your full brokerage commission is under pressure and you will have to deal with it, so be prepared. If you properly completed the first five steps you will have created significant value in the eyes of the seller, so overcoming this should be easier.
Be understanding. They may be upside down or at the very least have lost equity.
Explain how you are taking the risk. They are in complete control of accepting or declining offers and you don’t get paid unless the property is sold at an acceptable price.
Explain costs associated with your marketing plan.
Explain costs associated with keeping the deal on track to close.
Explain all these processes have costs associated with them. Ask them which of the processes (prospecting, marketing, systems, managing, negotiating) would it make sense to eliminate? The truth is, in today’s real estate market, if you perform the services as stated above, six percent is cheap.
Disclaimer: ActiveRain Corp. does not necessarily endorse the real estate agents, loan officers and brokers listed on this site. These real estate profiles, blogs and blog entries are provided here as a courtesy to our visitors to help them make an informed decision when buying or selling a house. ActiveRain Corp. takes no responsibility for the content in these profiles, that are written by the members of this community.